• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hair loss stopped, now starting again??!

MillieJoan

WTT for #2 late 2013 :-)
Reaction score
My little girl is almost 8 months-old. My post-partum hair loss started when she was around 3 or 3 and a half months and continued (in clumps! ugh! :wacko:) until she was about five and a half months. Since then it's gotten sooo much better; I have tons of little wispies around my hairline, which look ridiculous but which make me happy anyway lol, since it means everything's growing back.

BUT.... for the past 2 weeks or so, I've noticed increased shedding again. Has this happened to anyone else?? I haven't changed my diet or anything else, FYI. It's freaking me out--it isn't nearly as bad as it was a few months ago, but it started out slowly then, too... :nope:

Mine started shedding around 4 months after birth and would find lots of hair in the plug hole / hair brush until LO was around 6 months. Slowed down a bit the past two weeks that but still losing quite a bit now and my scalp is alway itchy. Annoying isn't it! You have my sympathy.

Mine just started falling out in clumps, I'm mildly OCD so I am constantly running my fingers through my hair now lol

My scalp has started to get itchy again, I hope it does start again I lost loads during pregnancy and after, it was horrid at the front.

X

What's really freaking me out is that the hair loss had completely stopped for almost two months, and now it might be starting up again. I haven't heard of this happening...

my LO is 3 months and im losing mine, but id say if it stopped and started up again it could be just ur normal hair cycle as we all lose hair comin into winter and its comes back x

yes this exact thing is happening to me. My lo is 8 months and my hair loss stopped awhile ago but seemed to be starting again. My husband actually asked me what had happened to my hair whilst in the shower this morning as the plug hole was so blocked up

yes this exact thing is happening to me. My lo is 8 months and my hair loss stopped awhile ago but seemed to be starting again. My husband actually asked me what had happened to my hair whilst in the shower this morning as the plug hole was so blocked up

Yeah, my husband noticed more strands all over our DD!

He said, "I thought your head had stopped this nonsense!" :haha:

Hi, I know you posted this years ago but I can't seem to find any info on the same topic online hence I'm messaging you. My hair loss stopped then restarted a couple of months ago (when bubba was approx 12 months) and I'm kind of freaking out. I just wanted to ask you whether it eventually stopped the second time round for you. Thanks.

Yes, it did stop again eventually! The same thing actually happened again when I had my second baby, and my shedding just stopped for good (knock on wood!) about three months ago (he's 17 months-old! :wacko:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->