Hair Loss :(

rubywoo77

Mum of 2
Reaction score
Hi,

I know that some hairloss is expected after childbirth but mine seems to be really really excessive, I am shedding hair everywhere, every time I wash it there is thick wad of it by the drain, when I brush it there is a big pile of it on the floor. I have always had fine hair but lots of it, it got somewhat thicker during pregnancy and then after I had LO, after about 2/3 months it started falling out. I can actuallu see my scalp in some parts and my hairline has all these little baby hairs.

Is there anything I can take to stop it falling out or to make it stronger? - any supplements? I know I was iron defficient pre pregnancy and during - does this play a part?

Sorry for all the questions but it is making me feel really paranoid :cry: as I don't feel too great post pregnancy as it is.

I started losing mine 4 months after having Alex, its crazy at how much comes out. My hairdresser says its normal but if your worried go to the Doc he may be able to help xxx

I have alopecia so I understand how you may be feeling. If you are worried, I'd go to the doctors, even just for reassurance. It may be just normal hair loss that will grow back very soon, but if it isn't there are things they can do to help - creams, vitamins, etc, etc.

My hair has fallen out after both my boys were born. With Harrison it fell out all around my hairline - It went quite thin, however I always wore my hair up in a ponytail which I think made it more noticable. With Dominic, its fallen out around the 'temples' area of my head (sort of above my ears around the hairline), I think ive lost more this time and its really noticable, however ive had my hair cut since Harrison was born and now have it in a short bob so I can hide it! I never thought to take any suppliments so if anyone has any suggestions i'll be very interested! x

Just coming back to add... you can buy shampoos etc for hair loss. I used a pink one, not sure what it was. They did nothing for me, but may be more successful for you?

Apparently it can continue to fall out for a year afterwards and then take a further 6 months to revert back to the condition it was pre-preg.

I've lost so much around my hairline, temples and ears and I look so stupid with all these baby hairs springing about all over the place!!

I've recently started taking Sea Kelp which can help promote healthy hair growth and make it grow quicker and healthier. It's hard to proove that it's the Sea Kelp that's made a difference but those baby hairs are now pretty long and I could probably get away with cutting a fringe in at that length. Also round by my ears has started to grow back pretty well.

My hair has also started falling out significantly less since starting to take it.

I had the same amount of hair loss as you - it was terrifying!!

If you do think it's excessive though, then speak to your Dr, although many will say come back after 6m if you're not there yet x

i have alopecia universalis which means all my body hair has gone :(
you need to go for blood tests to see if your short in some hormones etc and they will help as much ass possible as for me there is nothing they can do :(

Hi ladies,

thank you for all the replies I will make an appt with my GP and see if he can suggest anything , I know I am aneamic and severely so during pregnancy so maybe that it is the issue. I think stressing about it makes it worse but just looking in the mirror and seeing how fine its gone makes me worry even more. I shall update once I been to the docs, thanks again for all the replies.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->