Ham and Grapes ?

coz

Mummy to 2 boys
Reaction score
Can i give charlie ham and grapes not together obviously lol ?

yes both are fine.

I was surprised at the ham as I thought it would have been too salty but apparently not.

I bite my lo's grapes in half for him cos I don't think he can chew through the skin yet (no teeth.) But he can get a grip on them when they're halved and chew them down from there ok.

Obviously babies (and adults) can choke on anything but I would advise cutting grapes into 4....might seem quite small but I promise it's much easier for them to handle and will help their fine motor skills to develop as they use their thumb and forefinger to pick the small pieces up.

Same with the ham....cut it up fairly small as it doesn't break down very easily and at 9months they dont have teeth to chew with:baby:

Caitlyn eats grapes. Do you mean ham in a packed that has been processed? Or ham you roast?

Caitlyn eats grapes. Do you mean ham in a packed that has been processed? Or ham you roast?

i tryed charlie with grapes today he loves them, yes i ment the ham you get in the packets ? is this not good ? im so terrible with knowing about foods :hissy:

i tryed charlie with grapes today he loves them, yes i ment the ham you get in the packets ? is this not good ? im so terrible with knowing about foods :hissy:

Some ham is VERY processed like the slices you get shaped in teddy bear's faces etc all different colours... well personally I wouldn't eat this myself or give it to baby because of the stabilisers and other chemicals. Cheaper ham would have water added and some cheap ham will not be whole slices, it will be all wee bits squashed together. So in my opinion that's not too bad. (But not as tasty as slices from deli counter or nice packets!)

Some ham is VERY processed like the slices you get shaped in teddy bear's faces etc all different colours... well personally I wouldn't eat this myself or give it to baby because of the stabilisers and other chemicals. Cheaper ham would have water added and some cheap ham will not be whole slices, it will be all wee bits squashed together. So in my opinion that's not too bad. (But not as tasty as slices from deli counter or nice packets!)

yeah i might try him with a bit of the the nicer hams then xx

Yes they are fine , and get the nicer hams that you find , not the ones that are like shaped in teddy bears ect. I have never given them to my children but heard anything like that should be avoided ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->