• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hand foot mouth experience

psychochick

Reaction score
My 1 year old seem to have hand mouth foot according to the doc. He's had up and down fevers around 99-101 sore throat, slight diarrhea, super irritable and poor appetite. Only a couple of red spots on his body here and there.

The thing that concerns me is his fevers. He's had it for 4 days now. Today is the 5th day and he still had it this morning. It also seems to come and go. Sometimes it goes away and he's walking around playing again and then next day he starts heating up in the afternoon. Is that normal? I thought hfm fever is only a couple of days. Doc says it's normal as long as fever subsides by tmr (so 6 days of fever??) but I'm just looking for experiences from other kids that have had it. Just seems like a long time to me.

Also how did you get the kids to eat more? We already give ibuprofen when he's really fussy, seems to work better than Tylenol. And he does get less fussy but still refuses food most of the time. Does ok with nursing and some water but I don't make much anymore.

my dd2 has had it twice. First timebat 13/14 months and she had it really bad. She didn't eat for at least a week. She continued to drink plenty and the doctor said this was totally normal and not to worry as she was clearly staying hydrated. Wasn't long before she was back to her greedy self!
I don't remember her having much of a fever but she was definitely not herself for a week or so x

My kids' fever lasted a while with foot and mouth... I think that's just how it runs its course. If the fever persists do get it checked it, don't ignore your gut. But from memory I do believe my kids have been down for a while with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->