Hand foot mouth?

channy3232

Reaction score
I had hand foot mouth last week. No idea where I got it. Had it mildly. Really my only symptom was the sores on my hands, throat and feet. My throat was sore from the blisters obviously. So today DS woke up with a fever and he threw up a few times. He tends to vomit when he has a pretty high fever so I think that might be what it is? For those of you whose LOs have had HFMD, did it start with a fever first? Most of what I'm reading online says it does start with fever, then a few days later the sores show up. Does that sound right?

Symptoms vary but based on time scale I'd say it's safe to assume.
My boy & his cousin were both sick one afternoon after Zane had stayed there the previous week. It seemed random and he was fine for a couple more days while his cousin had a bad fever. (Zane always plays down illness, it just doesn't phase him lol)
then the spots came out... EVERYWHERE... poor thing lol
The mouth was the worst, he had one on his tongue half an inch wide that had popped before I'd even seen it. But he was so brave about it, he even ate all his dinner without a fuss when I said that he needed to eat to stay strong so it would get better - I rewarded him with nice cooling treats afterwards to soothe it off and just made sure he drank loads of water to wash it all away.

The good news is, the fever seems to pass before the spots really come out, and although the blisters will be sore when they come up as you know, he shouldn't be feeling to lousy x Good luck to little man x

My lo had no symptoms except for a rash on her knees before the blisters appeared. Try giving some child safe probiotics as it is a stomach based infection, it seemed to help my lo to get better very quickly. A fever can certainly indicate HFMD along with diehrea, vomiting and refusal to eat food. Once the blisters are gone interaction with other kids is safe, make sure you have good hygiene practices though because their faeces are infectious for another few weeks.

Yep, that's exactly how it started for my boy. He had a fever for about 12 hours, then a couple days later he started getting sores on the corner of his lips. I honestly thought he had herpes lol, but then his feet, hands and bum got the sores too. My son was not phased at all once the fever was over. The sores seemed to bother me more than him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->