hand, mouth and foot in babies

proud mummy

3 boys and pregnant
Reaction score
Hey does anyone have any advice on hand mouth and foot in babies. I have never heard of it until babies in my sons nursery have came down with it.

I think my son has it the last few days he has not been in self, has lost his appetite, he sleeps more in the day and just doesnt seem right. The only sign of him having this is a few tiny red spots on his face around his mouth.
I have given him calpol but all he does is cry most of the day. I feel so sorry for him but dont know what else to do.
I try given him plenty of water and hugs, any advice please? How long will it last?

Hey does anyone have any advice on hand mouth and foot in babies. I have never heard of it until babies in my sons nursery have came down with it.

I think my son has it the last few days he has not been in self, has lost his appetite, he sleeps more in the day and just doesnt seem right. The only sign of him having this is a few tiny red spots on his face around his mouth.
I have given him calpol but all he does is cry most of the day. I feel so sorry for him but dont know what else to do.
I try given him plenty of water and hugs, any advice please? How long will it last?

no sorry i ant heard of it if hes still no better id take him t c the doc just t b on the safe side hope hs feels better soon

Doesn't look like you can do much for it as it's a virus but this is from the nhs...

You can help to ease the symptoms of hand, foot and mouth disease by:

* resting,
* taking plenty of fluids
* taking paracetamol

If you, or your child, has a fever, or sore throat, paractemol should help to relieve pain, and bring down a temperature. Children's paracetamol (calpol) can be used for treating your child.

In some cases of hand, foot and mouth disease, the sores can become infected if your child scratches them. If this happens, the infection will need to be treated with antibiotics. Your GP will advise you about this.

(From https://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleId=165&sectionId=11)

Sounds like water, calpol and hugs are exactly what he needs :hugs: Hope he's feeling better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->