Hands

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
What do you do with their hands when trying to get them to latch?
Alex keeps putting his hands in the way of his face and i think this maybe part of the problem with getting him on right. What can i do to keep them out of the way?

I would put one arm under my breast and then one on top..so it would be kinda like he was holding it like he would have a bottle or something, kept from his hands getting in the way some.

I used to hold her across my body with 1 arm straight underneath and i would sorta hold the other OR swaddle and keeps the arms in the blanket that way you can also put them straight down to sleep without disturbing them too much. :D

Congrats on your lil boy btw :D xx

I put one arm straight underneath her but we're still battling with the top hand. She sometimes hits my nipple and it HURTS!!

Congratulations on your little boy. :happydance:

I used to tuck Aaron's lower arm underneath my arm. In the first few weeks when I was struggling with latching, I found it helpful to get hubby or someone else to hold his upper arm for a few moments to keep that out the way too.

As above :D

I think early on I was a mass of pillows tucked here, arms tucked there and a muslin proping summat else up for good measure! :lol:

I used to stick one under my boob and hold the other one whilst i got him on x

I rugby ball her on the right boob (only way she will feed on that one) and on the left one hand under boob, one hand I hold out of the way to the side.
At night she is swaddled before she is fed so I dont wake her to put her to bed.

one hand under the boob and then i have her grab my bra in the middle

I used to swaddle my LO's for the first few weeks, they loved it and it gave me a chance to get them latched on right. Once I'd got to grips with feeding I could then move on to what to do with wiggeling bodies when not swaddled:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->