Handy tip if you're thirsty but nauseous

bungle

Mummy of 2 girls
Reaction score
Hi ladies

Went to see me doctor this morning and as well as a selection of medicines to stop me being sick and having terrible heartburn she also suggested a drink I could sip. I explained that I'm really thirsty so when I drink I gulp and then it makes me sick (grr) so I never get to quench my thirst. She suggested making some diluted squash/juice and adding a pinch of salt and a pinch of sugar. Apparently the salt/sugar helps your body to retain the water so you don't need to drink so much at once, just take little sips frequently. So far, so good so thought I'd share :)

What really helped me when I was pregnant with my son was mixing water and apple juice half and half and freezing it in Popsicle molds. I could have one and I was getting the liquid I needed but slowly so it doesn't make me sicker.

Good idea on the Popsicles!

I used to have a LOT of ice with juice. The really cold liquid went down easier when it was sipped slow.

All I've been drinking for a week is lemonade but very watered down. The sugar helps keep it down and the lemon makes me feel very refreshed. It's a pretty cruel joke us pregnant ladies have to drink so much water but if you do you either throw up or pee your pants!

Lemonade was my savior last pregnancy. It's not helping as much this time. Nothing is helping this time. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->