Happy due date to me lol

alparen

Mommy to a Princess
Reaction score
It's my due date.. my ticker is a day off. "If your babies weren't home by your due date how did you feel?

I can say i am officially fed up lol. I know she still needs top be there but I'm so beyond ready to have her home. It's been 3 months and it looks like we'll be going into a 4th. I'm tired of traveling the hour back and fourth.. i'm tired of being sad everyday and leaving her at the hospital. I'm tired of missing her everyday and night. I'm tired of calling the hospital to find out how she is doing.
She as making huge progress butit seems everything has just leveled out. Her eyes are still stage 2 and not changing sothe eye dr won't let them ship her down to this hospital.. hes looking for it to regress first...
Her feedings are still at 25-30 ml of her 53ml bottles and only if she is awake and alert or they can't try to bottle her. and only allowed to bottle her no more then 3 times a day...
She is still having a few spells here and there....
Everything is ready for her except for a few little things left to buy that we are going to get this week.

So sorry she's still in the hospital.

Hopefully she will be able to come home soon. My little man was only there for 22 days, and I cried every time I had to leave the hospital after seeing him. I can only imagine how hard it would be to have him there for 4 months.

Firstly big big hugs. I know how you feel. I remember my due date as if it were yesterday. We were due on the 3rd Dec but had Ella in August. I had prepared for our due date to be a happy occasion....maybe have a nice cuddle, bath, put nice wee outfit on her but she had other ideas. She decided she was taking a suspected infection. Having marked incidents all over the place and to top it all off she never had a vein left in her body to take a canula! I spent the entire day in floods of tears...one because she was ill and i couldn't do the things i had hoped to do and two because i knew this was going to delay her home coming even longer (despite the docs already telling me she wouldnt be home by Christmas and when she does likely to still be on oxygen). I know that sounded really selfish but thats how i felt. I just wanted her to be well. I was fed up with the whole NICU experience.
However by a week later what huge progress she made! Off oxygen and feeding a millionth time better! By the 15th Dec we were allowed to come home. So my point to you is....dont give up hope. A week is very long time in a neonates life and sooooo much can change in such a short time. Have your sad days but be strong for your little one. You are nearing the end. I actually found this part harder than the beginning and i think i actually cried more too; Every day it seemed! She WILL get stronger and when the time is right she will be home and you will be on :cloud9:

Firstly big big hugs. I know how you feel. I remember my due date as if it were yesterday. We were due on the 3rd Dec but had Ella in August. I had prepared for our due date to be a happy occasion....maybe have a nice cuddle, bath, put nice wee outfit on her but she had other ideas. She decided she was taking a suspected infection. Having marked incidents all over the place and to top it all off she never had a vein left in her body to take a canula! I spent the entire day in floods of tears...one because she was ill and i couldn't do the things i had hoped to do and two because i knew this was going to delay her home coming even longer (despite the docs already telling me she wouldnt be home by Christmas and when she does likely to still be on oxygen). I know that sounded really selfish but thats how i felt. I just wanted her to be well. I was fed up with the whole NICU experience.
However by a week later what huge progress she made! Off oxygen and feeding a millionth time better! By the 15th Dec we were allowed to come home. So my point to you is....dont give up hope. A week is very long time in a neonates life and sooooo much can change in such a short time. Have your sad days but be strong for your little one. You are nearing the end. I actually found this part harder than the beginning and i think i actually cried more too; Every day it seemed! She WILL get stronger and when the time is right she will be home and you will be on :cloud9:

sorry for double post...computer playing up :(

Awwww it is hard.....all through ur time in NNU you're told to expect to be home around ur due date, and when ours came and went with no sign of her being ready to come home, I have to admit I did feel a little cheated! Millie was in for over a month aqfter her due date, but she got there in the end.

I guess you have to focus on the fact that she's in the right place at the moment, and every day she is in there she is a day closer to coming home! Whe she gets home you will be extra thankful to have her there with you.........but in the mean time, get some sleep :winkwink:

She took a whole bottle ;lastnight! OMG I'm so proud! She has not taken an entire bottle yet! Always half. She took half today. Lastnight on low flow nipple an entire bottle eek! So happy. :wohoo:
Her eyes were the same lastnight no changes stil stage 2 hanging steady soooo bot going to be moved to the hospital by my house anytime soon. the eye dr has to go back again next monday and see if it's any better. *sighs* I had my heart set on her eyes being ok and i literally had to leave go downstairs and i cried i was so disappointed. I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. stupid me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->