Happy scan insomnia-PIC

pandi77

Reaction score
I see the good and the bad on this forum relating to early scans and what we all go through with scans before 12 weeks and am so grateful for my awesome scan yesterday. It was exactly 8 weeks and we finally got to hear the heartbeat which was for those who have experienced (you all know and have heard this so many times) amazing. watching my shrimp and it's solid heartbeat (171) I couldn't help but remember how fortunate we are and how fragile these times are for some of us.

I happened to have the same sonogram tech that tried in vain to find my last pregnancy (ectopic) and gave her a hug beforehand. I said "last time we saw each other you have to give me bad news but you gave me a big hug and said we'd meet again soon but with a healthy baby and you were right". She remembered me and we got excited together to see a healthy nugget on this scan which we did. So I tossed and turned all night (finally got up at 4am) with happiness and nervousness that we finally got it right. The hub was smiling all day after we got back and we have a new pic on the fridge which even tho I know nugget actually looks like a shrimp currently looks like a miniature baby holding a spear lol..kind of weird.

Cheers and happy scans for all mommies!

Attachments

• baby with spear.jpg
    baby with spear.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 27
Wonderful news!!!!! So happy for you!!! Did you measures measure right on?! It's such a wonderful thing!!!

How lovely, congratulations. x

Congrats!!! That's wonderful :D (Baby does really look like he's rocking a guitar) lol

Wonderful news!!!!! So happy for you!!! Did you measures measure right on?! It's such a wonderful thing!!!

Yes she kept the due date we had originally had so I assume everything measured on date? When I explained how all of the scans I had up until then they had problems locating the baby she laughed and said she could see why. Something about how the sac and baby are angled? She moved the wand one way and said "see if they went by this the baby would measure behind" she then moved the wand a little different and the sac and baby looked much bigger. She said "this is right....a lot of sonogram techs wouldn't know to check this angle tho.."

So thankful I had the lady who really knew what she was doing. It goes to show it really can all depend on how experienced the tech is!

This is such a lovely post to read!!! We have our 8 week appt in December and now I'm really looking forward to it more than worrying.

Congrats!!!!

Awwwww pandi that's just the greatest news after everything you've been through :hugs:

That's such great news!!! :happydance:

So much does depend on the skills of the tech. I have my 8w scan tomorrow (we seem to be almost on the same schedule!) and hoping for a good tech (and progress!).

That's such great news!!! :happydance:

So much does depend on the skills of the tech. I have my 8w scan tomorrow (we seem to be almost on the same schedule!) and hoping for a good tech (and progress!).

hfm5110 I'm throwing scan dust your way lol! Yes we are about the same days pregnant aren't we? They aren't supposed to arrive on their "due date" but I hope this one does as it's my dad's birthday and that would be extra special :happydance:

Congratulations! You now have a 98% chance of taking this baby home! I've had 1 perfect 8 wk scan and one where there was a hb but baby was small and eventually became an angel so I know what it's like! Mine is in 3 weeks and if I get a result like yours I will be over the moon! Hope you get some sleep x

Awww, what a cutie!! Congratulations on your lovely scan :hugs: xxxxxxxx

That's such a nice post, you've got me all excited now for my future scan. It's so lovely to see that from a sad previous experience you're now so positive and excited about this pregnancy.

I'm not naïve about what could happen for me and my first pregnancy and what the first scan can reveal for us but to read such a positive post is really lovely.

Have a healthy and happy pregnancy :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"