hard time accepting gender

StranjeGirl

First time mommy!
Reaction score
I had a panorama test done at 9.5 weeks, so found out by 11 weeks that it is a girl (and more importantly no chromosomal issues!) I'm having a hard time because I had such a huge gut feeling that it was a boy. Even after knowing for 4 weeks, I still FEEL like I am having a boy- i'm really not sure why. With dd #1 I had a gut feeling it was a girl and the dr's thought it was a boy for 2 months- then at 20 weeks they said it was a girl. i know the panorama is more accurate than early ultrasound, so I should trust it, but for some reason I just can't accept that my strong gut feeling is wrong. Has anyone else had a strong gut feeling and been wrong? I've always heard that moms just know. I also don't know if maybe it is because this will most likely be our last child and I always imagined having both a girl and boy. I'm excited to have 2 girls because I think it will be wonderful, but I am a bit sad thinking about the fact that dh and I won't ever have the experience of raising a boy. I know how minor that is- we feel fortunate that we were able to have any children so I'm not complaining, but maybe that is the reason I so strongly feel it is a boy even though it's not?

You might try to access the gender disappointment forum. I am really sorry you feel that way though. I would trust the blood test but maybe your ultrasound will reveal something else. I read moms intuition is correct 75% of the time. My cousin also was certain she was having a boy and had a girl, so intuition can be wrong. Good luck to you

I was so convinced ds was a girl. I didn't have a preference either way at the time, but i was shocked i was wrong!

I think what you're feeling is normal and I'm sure you'll settle into the idea of another girl soon. With that said, nothing is 100% until baby is here so I'm sure there's always a chance the test was wrong :)

I have 3 girls and this will be my last pregnancy if it hangs in there and I at this point should be grateful regardless of gender more so now that weve had a difficult start but I am sad that if this baby is a girl I will never know what if feels like to have a son but in agreeance with you I am not ungrateful just a bit disappointed.

This is my last baby too and I am so hopeful for a girl. But I feel deep down this baby will also be a boy. I wish I had more time to digest the info in case it is a boy but I promised my husband to wait until the birth this time to find out... Ugh such a long wait ahead of me...

:hugs: I heard those tests are accurate hun. Im sorry your dissappointed :hugs: Its hard when you have your heart set on one gender. As long as baby is healthy thats the main thing but I certainly understand your feelings!

we are desperate for a little girl this time and will also be dissapointed if its another boy.. but regardless we just hope baby is happy and healthy.. thats all we can ask. It will be loved either way :) x

Is there a reason why this will be your last pregnancy? Maybe you can try one more time or adopt? I would love to have a little girl but ultimately I just want this baby to be healthy. I have had so many losses that gender is the farthest from my mind right now....

This kinda happened to me,I swore my last was a girl!! My pregnancy was 110% different than my 1st (boy) ..... I didn't believe the 20wk scan when they told me it was a boy, I had multiple after that and every scan I would ask if its still a boy lol. I was so convinced I'd pop out a girl..... Anddddddd I was so wrong, it was a BOY..... Another boy..... And I swore I was done after 2!! But once your baby is born you truly won't have gender disappointment for even a second, you automatically fall in love and can't Imagine baby being opposite!! Well, here I am with #3 .... That I swore id never have....and rooting for team pink!!!! I couldn't hold out knowing the next could be a girl!!! And if its another boy than that's just gods plan I guess.... Because I'm done after 3!!!!! ;-p

Im sorry you're feeling like this hun....I have read that those tests are more accurate than ultrasounds.... this will also be my last baby, and we already have a son so we are wishing for a girl....I dont have that mothers intuition this time and I didnt have it with my son..... I honestly do not know what the heck im having lol.... some days I feel boy, and others girl... I know that I will have a really hard time if its another boy for sure, because I would love to have a daughter, but regardless im going to love whatever it is :)

My friend was SO sure she was having a boy that she did her entire baby registry in boy stuff... and then had to change it because she found out it was a girl.

FWIW, I thought I was having a boy both times and got little girls. I was VERY disappointed. But now I'm so so happy I have little girls. I love having girls and having two is awesome.

Thanks so much ladies! It's comforting to hear others have had similar feelings and wrong intuition! It's a strange feeling because im not disappointed to have another girl- I would actually love another girl. I honestly didnt care at all about gender because I was just so anxious to hear that the baby was healthy. I think it just later hit me that we won't ever have a boy. Because they thought it was a boy last time, we had a name picked out and I was excited about giving my son my dad's name for a middle name. (His name is royal so it's a unique name and my dad is turning 82 so I'm not sure how long he will be around) However I know that once we have our two girls it will seem that it was the perfect thing for our family and anything else just wouldn't seem as good. MIL told me that God gives us what would be best- she had wanted 4 girls and got 4 boys lol, and feels its the best thing that happened to her. I think she may be right as I really don't even like boys once they get to a certain age! I can barely tolerate my husband LOL! I'll be turning 40 soon after this one is born, so I'm pretty sure this is our last, but maybe we will have some grandsons just like MIL is getting a bunch of grand daughters!

Well you can still use that name for a girl! It would sound pretty for a girls name or middle name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->