Hardly an emergency, but no girl name is really bothering me!

Mapleroo

Reaction score
I am not even 5 weeks yet and the other night at some ungodly hour, I awoke in a panic because I all of a sudden didn't like the girl name that we had picked a few years ago, before I was even pregnant!

I had an early miscarriage back in June and we had already decided on a boy and a girl name plus middle names. Done.

This time though, for some reason, I am not happy with the girl name. Why this is bothering me so much, is beyond me, but here I sit, trolling through hundreds of names and even writing this in the hope someone will come up with a name that will calm me down.

We already have 3 kids and they are a mish-mash of sibling names.

Jacob Thomas- Even before I was married, Jacob was going to be my boys name. Thomas is my maiden name, and because I don't have any brothers, I wanted the name to stay in the family.

Anna Mae- I picked Jacob's name, so my hubby got to pick our daughters. She is named after her great grandmother.

Orrin Seth- We wanted to use Seth as a middle name, but finding it difficult to find a name we could agree on that went with that, plus one we both liked. My DH suggested 'Orrin' and BAM, we loved it!

For a boy this time around, we have decided on 'Benjamin Joseph' (we just like Ben and Joseph is my DH middle name) and our girl name, that I still really like, but just not for this pregnancy apparently is 'Olivia Grace'. Of course with pregnancy hormones as they are, this could just be some sort of crazy phase Im going through and in 2 months will love Olivia again. But for now, I would love suggestions!

What lovely names your children have!!

Benjamin Joseph is so nice and compliments your other children's names quite well IMHO.

Anna & Olivia sound wonderful together!! Honestly!! But since you've gone off that, here are some other suggestions that I think work well with Jacob, Anna, and Orrin:

Leila (lay-luh)
Elaina
Sophia
Gabrielle/Gabriella
Isobel/Isabella
Melissa
Norah
Evangeline
Christina
Kimberly
Natasha
Ingrid
Hadley
Michelle
Nicole

Thank you so much!

Anna and Olivia do sound so nice together don't they?! I never looked at it like that.

I am really liking Leila and Nicole actually. Leila isn't one I ever would have considered, but it is so pretty. I think they could both still have Grace as a middle name also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->