• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hardly any movement today

Talia12

Reaction score
Hi ladies. Over the past three days baby has finally started moving loads, it's been heaven <3 in the space of a couple of days I went from uncertainty that it was even baby and not gas, to being able to film a little kick visible from the outside.
Now today everything's gone quiet on the western front. I can get a little kick or wriggle if I poke my belly around but otherwise there's not been much. I'm telling myself it's just that baby is facing my back or something today, but I'm still worried. :nope: anyone got any advice for me?

At this stage there's still plenty of room for baby to move without you feeling it chick, try not worry :hugs: you can always call your midwife and ask her to listen in, most midwives will be happy too:)

I would call your midwife of maternity for reassurance, I'm sure it's all fine, this happened to me 3 times when pregnant with dd and each time I went to maternity to go on the monitor for half an hr, were always told here any change of movement to get it checked out, but try not to worry you will be reassured when you speak to someone
Also could depend where your placenta is, with dd and this one mine is at the front so didn't feel dd until 21 weeks and will probably feel this one later too

Thanks ladies. I actually have a Doppler so was able to listen in on baby and all seemed to be fine but just got quite tearful that those amazing big movements had stopped, partly because I was worried it might mean baby was struggling and partly because I feel like I waited forever for those movements to start, I have absolutely no bump whatsoever unless I lie flat on my back so no one can tell I'm pregnant and it's been getting me down a bit along with the lack of kicks, so finally feeling them was making me really happy. Last night baby did a few obvious kicks and rolls so I was really thankful I could go to sleep with my mind at rest, but this morning so far the same - a couple of tiny movements if I prod but that's all. Seems to me baby was just in a very good position those two days and now gone back to normal. I wasn't showing at this point with my son but because I'm not a ftm I thought I would be by now and it's just getting me down that I've got no bump and now don't have the amazing movements either. :nope: probably sounds really childish but just find it upsetting, feel like I'm not properly pregnant without the bump. For example no one is sympathetic to me being tired or anything because they either don't know I'm pregnant or they do but still have it in their head that I'm in the early stages, when I'm lugging around the same heavy uterus as all women at 20 weeks it's just mine is presumably right inside me somewhere. :nope: the big movements cheered me up and I want them back. Sorry for the rant ladies just getting impatient and frustrated feeling like nothing is happening.

I'm just over 19 weeks and I do get days when I get loads of kicks and even ones I can see and then other days when I don't feel as much. I just think that some women don't feel anything until around now and when I sit down and concentrate he does get going. His movements are just a bit variable in strength at the moment.

Ahhh lovely :( I know what you mean. I do have the bump but I'm a real worrier and was starting to feel little movements around which were getting quite strong but I've not had barely anything in 2 days. I was at A&E for a car accident (nothing major someone hit us up the ass end) and I said I hadn't felt baby move that day and they wouldn't do anything as it's still to early to feel regular movements. Their right, but it's so worrying when your just getting used to feeling it and then it drops off :(

I hope the big thumpy movements come back to you soon but it's really not unusual to feel them off and on at this stage, something I'm trying to tell myself too.

I'm 19 weeks today and still feel very, very little from DD. I feel her mainly when I am calm and relaxed though this is not very often either. This is my forth baby however and I am of the understanding that the extra skin and fat as well as extra room in the 'waterbed' will mean that she's got more space to move which means I could feel a lot less than I did with the boys. I don't look like I'm almost half way either and I suspect that is due to the excess skin and fat of 3 previous pregnancies. The midwife had a hard time finding her heartbeat for this reason but we found it and that's what's important. The fact that this is technically speaking a back to back pregnancy doesn't help either and she could also be sitting towards my back as well. If I don't feel her at least several times between now and this time next week I will be going into my GP and just asking him to run the dopler across my belly for reassurance. I think it's more paranoia as I felt the boys all by 14 weeks if anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->