Harmful to baby?

Stevielyn

Reaction score
I currently run with a volunteer fire department and was curious about a few questions.
Are there are any other females on here who do also?

My doctor told me it shouldn't be a problem if i continue to volunteer. My husband asked him all kinds of questions including weight requirements and smoke hazards (doesn't care for me running). The last thing i want to do is harm a baby. The doctor said i shouldn't lift 15-25lbs or more so to stay away from some tools. But, i'm curious if that 15-25lbs includes my gear/airpack? I also am not sure how my company will react when i start to get further along. Right now, they just watch over me. My husband has def become protective when it comes to me doing some things on calls. I don't want that. I just want to do my job, until it is not safe. lol Wondering if it would just be safer for me to start doing accountabilty at a scene, rather than working... or if i am ok doing what i am doing right now? I know most moms will probably say that i am harming my child. But, i've read where females still run with their companies until they cant perform their full duty.
Also, my regular job still has me fully working (with the exception of going into a radioactive zone) after i declared i was pregnant. Is building a scaffold harmful during a first trimester? I'm sorry, i am new to this and have so many questions about what i can and can't do. I need to schedule another appt with my doctor but wanted to try here first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
over35tryin
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->