Harry Potter based names (I'm obsessed, OK).

hshucksmith

Mumma to William
Reaction score
What are your thoughts?

I am an absolute Potterhead (my deathly hallows necklace arrived today!). I don't know gender of baby yet and think it's a girl but we are stuck on boys names just in case.

I usually like old-fashioned names, but OH says they're always too biblical so thought I'd throw Albus on him and he didn't say no!

What do you think? I really like it. I quite like Remus (Lupin) too, and also Frederick (Weasley). Harry is too common and I had a bad experience with a Ronald just yesterday!

What about Wesley. It's close to weasly.

Frederick is cute too. A little more subtle than albus

Or Cedric ?
Even James ( Harry's dad)

Albus is cute...
In love with a diff HP name though. ..
I actually know a Godric and have since fallen in love with it for a boy. .. but can't use it. Maybe you can

What about Wesley. It's close to weasly.

Frederick is cute too. A little more subtle than albus

Or Cedric ?
Even James ( Harry's dad)

I really don't like Wesley, but Frederick is nice and I do like it! Cedric I like too, but not as much as Frederick. We know too many James' and I went to school with a naughty James that always sticks in my head!

Albus is cute...
In love with a diff HP name though. ..
I actually know a Godric and have since fallen in love with it for a boy. .. but can't use it. Maybe you can

I like Godric but fear it would be shortened to God!

I'm the worst kind of potter fan. Draco was always my favourite. Lol

It's a friend's little boy with the name. To clise in too small of a town

I loved Draco too, even when he went bad because he was a young boy with no choice influenced by his family.

@Clover Mouse - that's a real shame!

Fred, Sirius and Luna are my favourite HP characters :D But Albus is a nice name too :thumbup: By the way, Fred is never mentioned as Frederick, and imo Fred is better as it is anyway. Just my opinion.

Dh and I have also considered Seamus...our son is Quinn so it would be nice to have another irish/Scottish name

Albus is cool! Or Percival (Dumbledore's middle name) just to be a bit more obscure :)

I'm not fond of Sirius and I love Luna for a girl. I know Fred isn't a Frederick but I do like Frederick and would shorten it to Fred in speech unless I was angry!

Seamus is lovely too, particularly if you are looking for another Scottish name like you say!

Baby's last name will be Abbey. I just think Albus Abbey flows (I like alliteration!)

Love Percival but I have a wheatbag (I'm not as mental as I sound, I promise) who is called Percival and he lives on my bed. I would always remember my heatable wheatbag in pig form whenver I called my child Percival or Percy! Our sheep wheatbag is called Harold. Aah it's all fun until it becomes serious...

is Albus not a decongestant nasal spray, you know the advert with the family of giant noses :blush:

Frederick is good though :thumbup:

I think it's Olbas oil? :shrug:

Albus means 'white' apparently. Nothing too deep!

I really wanted albus for my first little boys name but my husband want having it, he compromised and let me name our puppy albus. Which is fitting because he looks very wise.

We're having a girl, but for a boy we were going to go with teddy. Which is the name of Remus and Tonks son (not that hubby knew that!)

X

Teddy is so cute but I don't think many of my family members would agree!! I mentioned Albus to my mum and she said hmm and umm and arrrr but then said it a few times over and said she liked it, and that it's quite 'original', which I guess it is?

Have you got a HP based name for your little madam?

No :( I couldn't find one obscure enough for my husband not to notice. I love bellatrix though, but my other dd is named marella, they bella and rella! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->