Has any one done a baby spreadsheet?

lozzy21

Mummy to Niamh
Reaction score
Im wanting to do one to see how much were going to need to save but i dont know where to start.

Has any one done one? and if so can i have some help getting started please:blush:

I remember someone doing one 'back in the day' when I was in WTT.
I'll have a think for you Loz and see if I can remember who it was.xxxx

ooh- id love to see one of those! Quite tempted to do my own. Ive only made a mini list so far. You could spend a fortune if u wanted too, but im intrigued to see what the absolute minimum is! What do babies need? Food, shelter, warmth, love, clean bottoms!

I know. I only plan on getting a some vests and babygrown in newborn and 0-3 just incase i have a big baby, some birth-potty training reusable nappys,bibs, blankets ect

Dont see the point in putting newborns in clothes when all they do is sleep all day, they will be uncomfy in clothes.

Pick up a Mothercare catalogue, they have a checklist of basic things you should have for your baby. Some of it is unneccesary in my opinion, but it does give you a basic outline :)

For initial cost, maybe you can have a look at this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/family_matters/finance_cost.shtml and use it for inspiration to make a list of what you need. Then go to online shops/catalogues and note down how much each thing will cost you.
As for weekly costs, maybe you can interview your mum? Or a friend who recently had a baby?
In my experience you can't really plan these things (though it's useful to think about them anyway). I'd work out how much you have and then go from there. If you're generally careful with your money you'll always spend as much or little as you have. Baby stuff comes first and you might have to cut down on other things but unless your budget is completely unrealistic it's not as if baby is going to want for anything.

For initial cost, maybe you can have a look at this: https://www.bbc.co.uk/parenting/family_matters/finance_cost.shtml and use it for inspiration to make a list of what you need. Then go to online shops/catalogues and note down how much each thing will cost you.
As for weekly costs, maybe you can interview your mum? Or a friend who recently had a baby?
In my experience you can't really plan these things (though it's useful to think about them anyway). I'd work out how much you have and then go from there. If you're generally careful with your money you'll always spend as much or little as you have. Baby stuff comes first and you might have to cut down on other things but unless your budget is completely unrealistic it's not as if baby is going to want for anything.

I plan on using reusable nappys and breastfeeding so initialy the weekly cost should be minimum. Hopefully lol.

Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link, that article was really useful! xx

i never did a spreadsheet, but i might for number two - what i did when i got my bfp with maddi :)cloud9:) was get a mothercare catalogue and post-it note everything i wanted for her, and what we needed, then brought way too much :lol:

i never did a spreadsheet, but i might for number two - what i did when i got my bfp with maddi :)cloud9:) was get a mothercare catalogue and post-it note everything i wanted for her, and what we needed, then brought way too much :lol:

lol, I plan on only getting the essintials and letting other people buy us the extras. So far there is no grandchildren, or great grandchildren for that matter on ether side so all i can say is spoilt.

if OH and i have a baby as planned then he/she will be the first grandchild too! on BOTH sides of our families. We'll have a spoiled child too! It can be a good thing and a bad thing

lol, I plan on only getting the essintials and letting other people buy us the extras. So far there is no grandchildren, or great grandchildren for that matter on ether side so all i can say is spoilt.

oh that is good hon! i'm an only one, so maddi is mums only grandchild, and so my mum and dad and my nan and gramps brought sooooooo much! - nursery furniture, bath and all her bath stuff, and all her bath box bits, pram, bottle warmer and bottles and loads of clothes, we were so lucky! oh and loads of toys and her swing :D

hun, I have done a spreadsheet if you want me to email it you, you can pm me your email addy x

Here's a link to a list on mothercare's site:

https://www.mothercare.com/b/215921...left-nav-3&pf_rd_m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&pf_rd_t=101

We will be last to have kids on OH's side so probably not spoilt on that side BUT first on my side, and I am the oldest grandchild. Fingers crossed! I will also do lists for both our birthday's and ask for certain things at Christmas so we are all set!

bunnyg would it be cheeky to get in on that too please :p

made a list of my own and would like to see variations/what ive missed etc xxxx

Sorry hun, I missed this - send me a pm with your email addy and I will be happy to send it to you x

I would recommend having a small emergency fund in case things don't go as you planned. For instance, if you planned to BF, but had problems and had to supplement with formula or buy a breast pump - that could quickly add up to a couple of hundred bucks, depending on how long you needed to do that for.
If you don't need the emerg $, then ace! Put it in bambino's education fund or go splurge on something, but I'll bet you will find yourself needing to deal with an unexpected expense at some point. And it will be something totally unforeseen because that's how babies are! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->