Has anybody conceived after laparoscopy for severe endometriosis

Hi Ladies,
Can I join you all. I had a lap this week to remove an ovarian cyst and they found 1 large and 1 small endometrioma, severe endometriosis (all fused to pelvic wall) and a blocked right tube. Ive been told if Im not pregnant in 6 months, IVF will be my only option.
Em xxx

Oh Em, that story sounds so much like mine. We had been trying 2 years before we went to the docs & they did an ultrasound & found a cyst, upon removing it they saw severe endo, with my ovaries stuck to my pelvic wall! They removed all that & it was on the next cycle that we got pg.

Now I'm paranoid that it's all going to go wrong as my OH has :spermy: problems too & the odds of us concieving naturally was v v small anyway so this feels like our 1 chance!

Anyway, get :sex: this month it could work for you too :thumbup:

xx

Aww Lisa I'm so glad you got your BFP, hope it's a sticky one for you. I'm more frustrated coz we arent TTC at the mo coz I'm not well enough, and I'm worried I'm missing valuable time
Em xxx

Aww Lisa I'm so glad you got your BFP, hope it's a sticky one for you. I'm more frustrated coz we arent TTC at the mo coz I'm not well enough, and I'm worried I'm missing valuable time
Em xxx

Awww I know how you feel, I had my op on CD 3 and we :sex: on CD12, only the once as it was quite painful but TMI alert, we did it from behind and gently so that it didn't intefere with my stitches :haha:

I'd jst read that after the op some women were more fertile & we didn't want to let the opportunity go, I'm glad we did now but if we hadn't got pg then I'm sure I'd think differently. You just have to do what you feel is best for you.

What CD did you have the op on?

Good luck whatever you decide :thumbup: :dust:

xx

Hi Emily, I had my lap and dye 7 months ago for severe endo now and unfortunately, still not pregnant. I have been referred to IVF. I am just waiting for AF to arrive and then I can start. I hope you are luckier than me.

AF is due tomorrow for me. I haven't bothered testing as I can feel she's coming. Nope not pregnant this cycle. Maybe next. :shrug:

I had op on cd 14 so just waiting on af, my cycle can be anything from 28-35 days so who knows when she'll show!
Em xxx

well hopefully you'll feel better by next cycle & you can see if it works for you then :thumbup:

will keep everything crossed for you.

& don't give up hope Armywife, I didn't test until I was 5 days late as I was so sure I wasn't pg, nothing felt any different and we'd only done it the once! will keep everything crossed for you too :thumbup:

:dust:

xx

Hi girls, i havent been on here a while as ive been out of action for 11 mths, i was on zoladex from last june till january and had my op in november which removed loads of endo. I have patiently been waiting for my cycle to come back after the zoladex,and it finally arrived 2 weeks ago yay lol, i was suprised that i wasnt really in any pain from it, which i hope will last. So well, now i am back to square 1 again, all the blood tests to see if im ovulating etc, but i am hoping it will all be good news. How are you all? have any of you had any success yet? x

Hi i had a lap done in july 09 which showed i had endo and pcos. My. Was also fused to my uterus and things had to be put back in there correct position. In feb 10 i concieved my little girl after 7 years of trying! I know the kap helped. I have been trying for number 2 now for 10 months with no success, so im having another lap done so hopefully ill be able to get pregnant again! X

I'm almost positive I have endo, I go to dr next month. I'll be relieved to know and to do something about it. I'm defiantly scared tho, I wanna be a mom more then anything and the last 10 months of trying have really taken its toll on me emotionaly! I'm shocked it wasn't caught onto quicker by a dr considering I've been saying for 10 years that the menstrual pain is unbearable! I thought maybe the pain was normal but 4 months ago a friend told me it wasn't and to look into it.

will i can share my story i didn't have endo but i had a lap done for severe scaring in my tubes both was blocked,i had the lap done in 2010,i was irregular after the lap i had regular periods,i was not trying for a few year i was using protection,i started to try in february not trying but not preventing and having fun with out the stress of worrying too much and i pray every day and night thatg god grant me one of his most precious gift one day.i got my bfp on saturday and by monday did blood work i am pregnant.dont give up hope no mater what and have fun while making love don't let it be all about making kids and your body will be more relax .best of luck and it can happen.

Hi Ladies,
Can I join you all. I had a lap this week to remove an ovarian cyst and they found 1 large and 1 small endometrioma, severe endometriosis (all fused to pelvic wall) and a blocked right tube. Ive been told if Im not pregnant in 6 months, IVF will be my only option.
Em xxx

Haven't logged in for ages, just finished my course of Zoladex and have surgery end of August whereby I guess I'll find out if any damage to my tubes :(
Wondered how you were doring xxEmilyxx? Your situation seems quite similar to mine. baby dust to you x

Heya

No luck yet, af arrived again yesterday. We are nrly 5 months post op now :(

I've been referred to the fertility clinic but they messed up the referral process so still waiting for an appointment letter.

Started to get a few pains in ovaries again bu nothing's as bad as pre op yet. M rapidly losing hope though.

Em xxx

Hi ladies! I had a lap and hysteroscopy in March of this year, doctor removed 2 fibroids and stage 3 endo. Since then we have had 4 iui's with clomid and Ovidrel trigger, no luck yet! I have added progesterone supps this cycle and last as I have been spotting pre AF for almost 2 years now. The supplements helped last cycle so I'm praying it does the trick! We will be moving onto ivf within the next 2 cycles if this doesn't take, I am currently 9dpiui #4.

Any more updates??

Oooh how have you got on with your supplements? How do you take them? I've just found out I've got low progesterone and have been spotting pre-Af for years too!

Em xxx

Emily, I think the supplements did the trick!! Last cycle was the first one in almost 2 years that I didn't spot before AF!

Good luck!!

I had a Lap 3 weeks ago for endo and found out that I also have PCOS. I have been told that metformin might help me to get PG but I am nervous that it wont happen...

Emily, I think the supplements did the trick!! Last cycle was the first one in almost 2 years that I didn't spot before AF!

Good luck!!

Are they tablet supplements?

Em xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back