Has anyone asked to be signed off?

Anderson8

Reaction score
I'm 31+5 and two weeks ago I was off work for a week with my spd. Went to the physio and went back to work last week for a week. It was horrendous, I work in a library and I'm either sitting at a desk for walking around putting out books. The pain and pressure now on my pubic area is making moving around so difficult.
I'm going to try to get an appt for my gp this week, my question is, what do you say to them? Can you just say please sign me off?
I've got the fear of going in and bursting into tears!

just be honest, they'll look after you. I got signed off early too. 30+2 and I've done a deal at work so i can leave next week but my job was already covered so I didn't have to go to the GP.

Your doc will understand ...:hugs:

Yes I agree with green eyes, honesty always best. I've been signed off early with my back (I have a disc prolapse) and the doctor was great- very understanding. I work in a busy hospital ward and was really struggling... Feeling like a could barely move by the time I got home at night after a shift. I never even asked to
Be signed off- just told the doctor how I was feeling etc and asked for his advice. Xxx

Thanks.
The funny thing is I had spd with my son, and it started early. Thought I had escaped with this one but it reared its ugly head around 25 weeks.

Defo see your gp.. You not doing yourself or baby any favours by struggling on- you
Will prob just make yourself worse.. And you want to be as fit as u can be for labour and looking after new baby. Xxx

I def want to be as fit as possible for labour, I'm attempting a vbac.
I hate being off my work too but I need to put bubs first

I had this panic as i developed spd really early like at 15 weeks ive been signed off since 21 weeks

I went in completley fed up i did end up crying but to be honest they were really supportive and i dont know why i was so nervous about asking to be signed off. They want whats best for you x

Just tell your doctor your issues and ask for the note. It's no big deal, the doctor will want to do what's best for you and your baby. My friend asked for a note to leave work and she was fine, but it was close to her due date and she wanted to relax. The doctor was totally fine with it but she didn't even bother taking it because it would cost $20, lol!

Didn't even need to see the doc. Phoned up and explained and a line for 2 weeks was left at the desk for me.

Aw there you go. I knew they'd understand. So glad you got it sorted.. Now get those feet up and relax! Soon you'll not have time to :winkwink: xxx

I started with spd at 18 weeks. By the time I got to 23 weeks, I was in agony. I self certified for a few days, then went to the doctor and explained how much pain I was in. I told him that I was off work and that my 7 days for self certification was coming to an end so asked for a sick note. He agrees for a week and told me to come back if it doesn't improve. I went back the following week telling him that it had actually got worst and that I wasn't sleeping at all. He gave me another sick note for 3 weeks.
I also hate being off work and hoping to go back after these 3 weeks but I'm just in so much pain. I'm only 26 weeks too!!

Don't rush yourself back into work.

I've been in terrible pain since 26 weeks and I've never had the guts to try and ask to be signed off.....now with 4 days left at work I can barely walk and worry it will damage my 5 weeks off before baby comes to enjoy my alone time.

I'd do anything to be off even these 4 days!

Aw there you go. I knew they'd understand. So glad you got it sorted.. Now get those feet up and relax! Soon you'll not have time to :winkwink: xxx

Thanks, though relaxing and having 22month old don't go together!
I did have nap with him today though which was bliss

Oh duh I'm such a dufus! Never noticed you already had a LO! Well even more good reason to have time off just now. U can enjoy time with your LO without being in pain, then fit and healthy and raring to go in time for having two of them to care for. :) xxx

I was supposed to finish at 34 weeks but left at 32 instead. It was just getting too hard waking up throughout the night and I couldn't concentrate during the day. Since I've been off I get up at 6am because I get so uncomfortable in bed (sore hips etc) but then go back to bed between 7.00 to 9.00am - it makes such a difference. Should also mention that my sore hips wake me up every hour and I have to get out of bed to stretch so I really need to go back to bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->