Has anyone else noticed that this has been a massive girl-year?!

T

TashaAndBump

Almost all the babies at the breastfeeding cafe I go to are girls - there are only 3 baby boys who attend (out of up to 17 babies)...

Both me and my mother had girls, and it just seems that last year was a bit of a boys year (with my mum and sister both having little boys, too!) and now we're all having the girls? Is it just me who has experienced this? Are more of you having boys out there, but just not in Essex?? lol

In BnB it's not been overly noticable, although there were a few more girls than boys in April and May I noticed in the newsletter (19 girls and 14 boys).

So, is it really a year for the girls or is it just a coincidence that everywhere I go lately I just keep seeing baby girls around the same age as Anna?? lol

I think you could have a point , at my baby group there's only two boy's and five girls!! x x

When I had Sam, all the other babies we saw in the hospital were girls, and the midwives were saying that he'd have loads of girls in his class at school because everyone seemed to be having girls this year. The only 3 other mums I know around here who have babies the same sort of age as Sam all have boys though.

When I was in the hospital, having just had Hannah, the midwives commented on the large amount of girls being born in April.

Mmm April especially seems to have had a bit of a girl-baby-boom; On bnb, birth announcements for April were just 4 boys and ... gah! Cleared out my inbox last night so can't say for sure... I think about 9 girls! (??)

From the looks of it June has been more of a boys month

Down chelmsford way tasha everyones friends of friends are having boys! There were all boys being born around me in st Johns too, I have to be the odd one out eh!:dohh:

heres its all boys lol

Feb there was my LO and 1 other girl and 9 boys :dohh:

haha guess it depends where you are then lol Odd how it always seems to be all of one and none of the other, though eh? lol Maybe there's something in the water...? :lol:

When kyle was born there were only 2 boys (including him) and 6 girls on the ward. And my aunt had her fourth girl a few weeks later! xx

Oscar was the only boy on the ward.

i have an april girl too and was thinking about it the other day on how many more baby girls i see out and on here!

When my son Kian was born 3 years ago everyone i knew had boys, apart from my cousin who had twins, boy and girl.

I hope the girl trend continues!! We find out next week what our beanie is! Although i think its a boy!

Ive seen a lot of baby boys here, although at the group I am starting to go to today, Seth is the only boy. My MW actually said on the day that Seth was born that she had delivered 4 babies that day, all boys! Very strange!

xxx

Seems to be a girl year up where I am. GIRL POWER!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->