has anyone else's dandruff gotten worse or developed dandruff

Asma

Expecting #1
Reaction score
Since I've gotten pregnant my dandruff has gotten worse I run my hand through my hair and there's tons of flakes and large flakes. Has anyone else's dandruff gotten worse? I've always had it--but now it's different.

I haven't noticed dandruff.. but that my skin is a lot dryer then usual. Is it just your head you notice the dryness or other places too?

its mainly dandruff and a really oddly dry forehead

I've always had a dry spot in my bang/fringe area and lately its been really bad. I cant stand it!

YES, and it is TERRIBLE. I was told that dandruff shampoos are FINE to use, but only Selson Blue works for me. Also, if you saturate your scalp with olive oil for at least a few minutes (preferably an hour, but a few minutes helps a lot) before showering an shampooing it out and conditioning, that should help quite a bit.

at least I'm not feeling alone thought i was going--well crazy

YES, and it is TERRIBLE. I was told that dandruff shampoos are FINE to use, but only Selson Blue works for me. Also, if you saturate your scalp with olive oil for at least a few minutes (preferably an hour, but a few minutes helps a lot) before showering an shampooing it out and conditioning, that should help quite a bit.

Just want to chip in and say coconut oil might be safer because sometimes dandruff is caused by a fungus that thrives on oleic acid (which olive oil has in abundance) - I found this out the hard way! :) Coconut oil should do the same job but with the added benefit of also killing fungus yay. ;)

Oh and one more tip - apple cider vinegar. :D Cheap cheap from the supermarket, doesn't have to be a posh brand! Rinse your scalp with dilute vinegar (diluted 1 part vinegar to 4 parts water works fine for me) after you wash. It STINKS while it's wet (smell goes away when it dries) but it works wonders for dandruff and general itchiness! Just careful not to get it in your eyes haha.

me too!! I had eczema on my scalp when I was 13 and suddenly it's back! got an ointment from the doctors but it doesnt seem to be helping much :( Tried the olive oil and it didnt help much, made my scalp really, really itchy until I washed it off. It's driving me nuts!

Mine is awful, and has been worse in the first 3 months but from what I remember with my son from 4-9 months it pretty much dissapeared, so did my eczma (mainly on my head) and greasy hair!!

yup, dry scalp and itchy - ugh such a pain! >.< I didn't even think it was related to pregnancy at all, I just thought I was losing it or something LOL, then I saw this thread and thought, "huh... maybe it is related...I never thought of that before!"

lol.

Im finding I've got really bad dry scalp and eczema on my face in the "T"zone. An area that used to oily is now dry and oily if that makes any sense. :(

yup, dry scalp and itchy - ugh such a pain! >.< I didn't even think it was related to pregnancy at all, I just thought I was losing it or something LOL, then I saw this thread and thought, "huh... maybe it is related...I never thought of that before!"

lol.

Snap! I thought it was just another thing to moan about - didn't realise I could blaim my DH for this too (as the puter-inner of the bean :haha:)

OH MY GOD YEEEEESSS!!! it is horrible!!!!!!! I never used head and shoulders and now it is the only shampoo I acctually can use because of the dandruff problem!!!!!! you are NOT alone!

I used to have abit of dry scalp at the front of my hair, close to where it parts. In the last week or two it has gone out of controll! It's horrible :( I'm at the dr's 2moro n will be getting a medical shampoo for it, hopefully it will work! I've used the coconut n it helps to remove it when u wash ur hair but doesn't do anything to stop it coming bk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->