Has anyone experienced an amniotic fluid slow leak before?

Kirstiedenman

Reaction score
Just looking for some women with an experience in a slow waters leak early in pregnancy and what the outcomes were?

I have suspected for 3 weeks now I was leaking fluid my underwear was always wet and sometimes I would be watching tv and eat up and I could feel a small gush come out. I went to the drs they sent me for a scan and said everything was fine ( i am 21 weeks tomorrow) anyway it kept happening as well as pain and pressure in my cervix so I bought so amniosense pads with the test strip in them and I put one on yesterday and it was positive just to make sure put another one and within 20 minutes it was also positive. I am currently waiting to be seen to have it officially tested and trying to not freak out. But thought I would see what others have experienced with this.

i have not experienced this, but thinking of you and hoping things get resolved soon!
are you at the doctor now? let us know how it goes.

Thanks hun. I went to the doctors and they called the city hospital (we live in a country rural town) and I am headed up there Saturday for a scan and to be admitted and tested. They have put me on antibiotics to stop infection. Hoping the scan goes well on Saturday and trying not to stress to much!

I hope that the antibiotics help and I hope that the scan goes well :hugs:

I hope it all gets sorted! I have been feeling extra wet as well, and am thinking of buying those pads and checking for myself.

I hope it all gets sorted! I have been feeling extra wet as well, and am thinking of buying those pads and checking for myself.

I don’t know how well they work but I haven’t seen any bad reviews. All 3 of mine so far have come back positive. I had a scan 2 weeks ago that said my fluid levels were fine but I just wasn’t confident it wasn’t my waters that’s why I bought the pads and like my dr said if it is a really small leak the fluid levels wouldn’t be affected to much it’s more the infection that is concerning. This is my 4th pregnancy and I have never experienced this amount of watery discharge, discharge yes but not like straight water. I have also been losing chunks of my mucous plus for the last 2 weeks but I know that can rejuvenate. I guess I will know Saturday if they truely work or not. Yesterday and today though the water has increased so I am leaning more towards they are right.

i dont think they sell the pads in the states unfortunately. i had some leakage yesterday that i dont think was pee after i posted to you! i talked to my doctor and need to come in if i have more gushes. it was like clear liqued, went through my pajamas. but only happened one time so far.
hope you get good news saturday and they can help make sure you and baby are fine!!!

i dont think they sell the pads in the states unfortunately. i had some leakage yesterday that i dont think was pee after i posted to you! i talked to my doctor and need to come in if i have more gushes. it was like clear liqued, went through my pajamas. but only happened one time so far.
hope you get good news saturday and they can help make sure you and baby are fine!!!

It’s a scary thing isn’t it! I have had two or three occasions where it dropped down my leg but mostly it’s just a slow leak if that’s what it is.
I hope yours turns out to be nothing also!!
I have started having tightenings today but not sure if it’s bh or the beginning of something worse :( Saturday could not come faster

ugh that is so hard to wait. are you trying to take it easy, like get your feet up throughout the day?
i had a bleed about a week ago and put myself on a semi-bed rest for a couple days. i was able to go in right during the bleed and see that baby was fine. not totally sure why i had a big bleed, but then it turned into a light spotting and then stopped by the following day.
it was nerve-racking but so glad i got in. my anatomy scan is monday so i am just hoping things hang in there till then and get the reassurance that everything is okay.

hope saturday can come soon for you!

I have 3 boys age 5,3 and almost 2 so it’s a bit hard to rest to much but doing the best I can.
I live in a small country town and there is no ultrasounds here so I have to go out of town to be scanned and I was already booked in for my anatomy scan on Saturday so they said to just wait until then and get everything thoroughly checked because it’s only a very small leak if it definitely is that babies shouldn’t be in to low of a level it was more the infection they were worried about.

Having a bleed can be so scary I bled with my first 3 for alldifferent lengths of time 17 weeks. 24 weeks and then the last until I gave birth due a placental abruption, the others were due to subchorionic haematomas which resolves thenselves. But this time I haven’t had anything since 7 weeks other than a tiny bit of light red sometimes mixed in with the bits of plug I am losing.
I hope everything turns out ok on Monday for your scan. Pregnancy can be such a worry when you are having even minor complications

Well today there has been a lot more leakage as much as I don’t want it to be fluid I really hope I am not uncontrolably peeing myself that bad lol I have been having a lot of bh since yesterday afternoon and bubs movements have slowed a lot!! I’m going to check on my doppler this afternoon just for piece of mind. A part of me says you ar evening silly and everything is fine but then there is this other part that says no this is fluid you know your body.
I just feel like losing watery discharge, bits of plug, lots of bh, decreased baby movement and pressure in my cervix something has to be happening.

I am so sad at the thought that I might not be able to be there with the kids to set up the Christmas tree, decorate the house watch my sons first school concert :( I will also miss all of their birthdays unless hubby takes them out of town to me. I have my fingers and toes crossed I am just being a drama queen and everything is fine!!

i am glad you are getting checked out Saturday. i would be a bit nervous! but i get worried about everything. try to rest when you can. but i know how it is. i have twin 4 year olds and a VERY active (wild) 2 year old and am on my feet all day. i want to get some rest in and not over-do it, but it is impossible.

is there a possibility they would recommend bed rest?
hope Saturday comes soon and you can get reassurance on things!

When I get to the hospital on Saturday if I am leaking fluid I will most likely stay in until baby is born as I live 6 hrs from the hospital and I remember with my last pregnancy I shared a room with a lady that had a leak and she wasn't allowed to get out of bed unless she needed to wee or shower they even tried to make her use a bed pan but she refused lol as would I!

It really is impossible to be on bed rest with 3 kids but if they do send me home on complete bed rest we will either hire a nanny or my husband will take leave for the duration of my pregnancy

I don't know where you are, but in the UK reduced movements is cause to go and get checked out immediately. Hope you find out what's going on soon.

I had a bit of a rest last night and baby was really active so just must have been having a quiet moment although has again been quiet today. I am being admitted to hospital tomorrow anyway so will have everything checked thoroughly.

I hope everything is OK when you get checked :)

Following, hope everything goes well tomorrow :)

Hoping you are ok, but can you go directly to hospital today? I wouldn't want to wait another day if I was leaking that amount.

I’m just waiting for my scan now and then going straight to the hospital wish me luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->