Has anyone experienced depression during 2nd (or more) pregnancy?

Sarah_mw

Reaction score
This probably sounds awful but after my son was born I had a brief few weeks battling depression they gave me anti depressants and I wouldn't take them, I pulled myself together but was the worst few weeks of my life, I didn't quiet realise how low I was till I look back, but the last week or two I can feel it creeping back, my son is 18 months and such a handful I just can't seem to cope, right this moment it's nearly 5pm he's not slept all day he's pulling out a draw he shouldn't be, he's been hitting, head butting and biting me cause he's so tired and wants his own way I literally have zero energy left to deal with it, I'm self employed and have work in one hour, my husband works 6 days a week and just felt I needed to see if anyone else can relate to my feelings? Extremely emotional and fragile right now! Would love some support, I'm 10+4 and hoping in 2 weeks when I see that baby is ok I'll b a it calmer x

I'm sorry you're going through this. First, I'd talk to your doctor, especially considering your history. Do you have any friends or family close by that can help out to give you a chance to rest and recover?

I just wanted to say that I'm feeling my patience diminish every day. My son just turned 2, and he's getting his 2 year molars right now... Meaning he is a huge handful. We are dealing with a lot of hitting and kicking at the moment. I find myself yelling sometimes =/ I find it helps to plan playdates and activities so we aren't cooped up inside. Feeling nauseous doesn't always make this easy, but it helps.

My husband has been trying to get home early so I have a chance to nap or just relax in a quiet place, and that's been helping a lot.

Again, I'm really sorry you're feeling low. Remember your little one isn't intentionally trying to press your buttons (though I'm sure it feels like it). I find it helps to just take a moment to be sweet with him. Snuggle up and read a book or something. It calms us both down.

Hang in there :)

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I have family and friends but none in a position to take my son enough to help, my in laws have him every Tuesday from 12.30-5.30 so I can do solid work at home uninterrupted, I'm a self employed hairdresser all set up with a salon at home so literally everyday now I do hair with my son then like today I've found the day so stressful then I had to do 3 customers at 6 o'clock (I work most evenings) I work so hard, but still have my son 6 1/2 days too so that's the struggle, most people go to work and are out of mummy mode for a bit, I love that I'm the one that is raising my son and not family but it's a real chore sometimes! I think I need to speak to someone just dunno what they can do for me, I think it's just the pure exhaustion I'm feeling, I've never known a feeling like it! Feels better just typing it out on here lol!
Hope having 2 children won't destroy me x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->