Has anyone gone into labour without warning?

Luluchaos

Reaction score
I only ask because I'm now 5 days overdue but, apart from losing a bit of mucus-y plug (no blood) over the past couple of days, I've never had any indication of labour being near at all...

I had a sweep on Tuesday and since then I've had a little bit of twinging like he was moving down a bit... But no real cramps or pains or Braxton hicks or nesting or nausea or anything at all...

So, I was just wondering if anyone else had been in my position? Waiting for the sign that never came? :p or never having any of the indications and then just going into labour?

...just starting to get a bit dispirited now... :(

when preg with dd i had nothing at all. went into hospital to be induced 8days early and i was 3cms dilated had no idea at all and didnt feel the contractions on the machine just a bit of tightening, wasnt untill they broke my waters i felt contractions

On my first baby I went to bed as normal 40+4 and woke up in the morning having contractions she was born a few hours later, had no signs of anything happening before that xx

Im 2 days overdue, and also had no signs, lost a little plug, no bloody show. nothing
so we are in same boat :flow:

It's nice to hear that haha
It's just like... If I had to wait for all of the indicators to happen i could still be pregnant weeks from now :p
I mean, obviously, they won't let me be pregnant forever, but the point still stands haha

With my son I had nothing at all, until minutes after :sex: I started having contractions. Good luck ladies, hope yous don't have much longer to wait :)

Wish I could have sex... I mean, I'd hate it, it would be awful... But at least it might do something :p

You don't need all the signs. It's like signs of pregnancy... you *may* have ms, you *may* have bigger/more sensitive bbs... you *may* be sensitive to smells, etc...
But you can be pregnant even if all of those are absent.
Same with labor.
You might lose your plug (I didn't)
You might have bloody show (I didn't)
You might have a 'clear out' (I didn't)
You might feel all the pains and twinges as LO moves down (I didn't)
You might feel sick (I didn't)
You might get contractions that get progressively worse (I didn't)
Your water might break (mine did)

So.. for me... labor was 'sudden' in the sense that I had no signs at all, and then my water broke, so labor was inevitable. I still had PLENTY of time before she actually arrived though, so no panic... she didn't arrive until 17 hrs after my water broke.

I just want it to happen now! :p
I need to meet my little man! And the sabbath child n all that :p

Neither of my LOs dropped and I never lost my plug or had any kind of clearout with either.
With my son, my water broke unexpectedly and that started labour. With my girl, contractions just started up one morning 2 weeks ago and she was born that afternoon! xx

My water broke with no warning. I just had a thought that my water would break that night, and it did.

I've been having that thought but I think it might be wishful thinking :p

With ds I had no signs he wasn't engaged, no dilation, no clear out nothing. At 6 days overdue contractions started, water broke he was born 5 1/2 hours later. I lost my plug after labor had already started. Dd I also had no signs really I was dialated 2 Cms and she was engaged at 32 weeks. She was head down and engaged for so long she is just now started to grow hair on the top of her head (16 months) she was born with lots of hair on the back and sides just very little thin and short on top ( think old man cul-de-sac) lol anyways with her I did have bulging waters but was also like that for several weeks. Me and dh were playing yatzee went to bed at 11pm, dtd, he fell asleep, 11:30 first contraction hit my water broke with it, they started out 2 minutes apart, woke up hubby had a shower, brought ds to his aunts, arrived at hospital 1:15am, dd born at 2 am... So just goes to show that even with no tell tale signs you can go from having no signs to having a baby in a few hours.

Were all of you ladies who went into labor without warning "signs" overdue?

i felt a bit wierd yesterday, feeling a bit 'off' been having the odd twinge and cramp for a week now everyones said i will go early, so possibly?? dunno!! have midwife on tuesday will be interesting to see if she has any news for us!!
oh and im pooping loads?? i had put that on another thread!lol i can do a couple a day! crazy! and much windier than usual! ok you said no signs! i dunno if these are signs i could just need a good clear out!!

i had no sings what so ever, just woke up when my waters had broken and less than 2 and a half hours later she was here! She was one hell of a shock to be fair!

I had lo on Monday there (5 days over) and I had no show, my waters didn't break, no loose bowels. The only thing that happened was that my Braxton Hicks increased on the Saturday night and started to become sore, they went away overnight and then returned in the morning and then I had irregular contractions until she was born on the Monday. We dtd on Saturday during the day so I think that might have triggered things off and I had had a sweep on the Thursday. xxx

Oh and on the Thursday when I had my sweep I was only 4/5ths engaged xx

Still no real signs... I've had some more gas and looser stools so I really really hope it means something is happening. I'm just starting to get so uncomfortable and I want a cuddle from my little boy :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->