Has anyone gone into labour without warning?

3 days overdue today. Thank you for this thread! Hoping for a miracle now lol

With Liam I didn't have any major signs really (well nothing that couldn't of been put down to something else at the time). I'd had BH for months before and the week leading up to going into labour I had awful back ache but as I said, normal pregnancy sign. My waters broke and started having contractions about an hour after so I was in shock to say the least. I didn't have my show till well into labour either according to the midwifex

Both of them just started with contractions out the blue, and that was it! Out after a few hours!

With Christina i had no signs at all - just woke up that morning feeling incredibly happy and refreshed, even went into town with Faith, then 18 mths and did some shopping, and even thought of driving down to my Moms- who lived about an hour away then, i was really surprised, as by 12 midnight Christina was born, and i seemed to have gone into labour without any sort of warning. I was 39 weeks.

I had no signs with my first either, though I did do a massive shop round Tesco and told my hubby I must be in labour as I was so determined to get stocked up! But I had no pains or anything, then 4am the next morning woke needing the loo (nothing different there) got back into bed, only to feel 'weird' suddenly, get back out and felt a pop inside and my waters started leaking. Then the pains kicked in, so no real signs beforehand.

I've been getting a couple of cramps today and some strange pains last night so I'm just praying he pops out tonight so I can avoid seeing my midwife tomorrow haha

Were all of you ladies who went into labor without warning "signs" overdue?

No, I wasn't with either of mine. I was 37 weeks with dd, and 38 weeks with ds. Niether labor was lightning fast though, so it was ok despite having no warning.

I had no signs with my first either, though I did do a massive shop round Tesco and told my hubby I must be in labour as I was so determined to get stocked up! But I had no pains or anything, then 4am the next morning woke needing the loo (nothing different there) got back into bed, only to feel 'weird' suddenly, get back out and felt a pop inside and my waters started leaking. Then the pains kicked in, so no real signs beforehand.

You know, there's something about that 'feeling weird' moment... same thing happened to me with dd.. I woke around 5 a.m.... felt weird (but didn't think anything of it), went to the bathroom, and my water broke...but very subtly. Not a big gush... just a trickle... or, I guess the best comparison is something close to the feeling when you're on your second day of your period, with your heaviest flow.

No idea why I 'felt weird'... I just ... did. :shrug:

On my first baby I went to bed as normal 40+4 and woke up in the morning having contractions she was born a few hours later, had no signs of anything happening before that xx

The same here with dd1 but I was 40+7

I did with my 1st. No signs whatsoever. Woke up at 5:00am with my bloody show. Contractions started an hour later and by 9am i was at 4cm's. ;)

I was 38 weeks.

You don't need all the signs. It's like signs of pregnancy... you *may* have ms, you *may* have bigger/more sensitive bbs... you *may* be sensitive to smells, etc...
But you can be pregnant even if all of those are absent.
Same with labor.
You might lose your plug (I didn't)
You might have bloody show (I didn't)
You might have a 'clear out' (I didn't)
You might feel all the pains and twinges as LO moves down (I didn't)
You might feel sick (I didn't)
You might get contractions that get progressively worse (I didn't)
Your water might break (mine did)

So.. for me... labor was 'sudden' in the sense that I had no signs at all, and then my water broke, so labor was inevitable. I still had PLENTY of time before she actually arrived though, so no panic... she didn't arrive until 17 hrs after my water broke.

Tha's what happend to me with dd. I had no signs of labor, when my water broke at 4 am, then I was in labor. So it can just happen!! Gl xx

I didn't have any signs with DD. No braxton hicks no twinging no nesting no show no clear out. Absolutely siltzch. I woke up 1 day before my due date with contractions 10 minutes apart.

I had a 4 hour drug free water birth. It was my first as well :flower:

EDIT: my waters didn't even break! They broke 10 minutes before she was born at which point I was already in full blown labour

You don't need all the signs. It's like signs of pregnancy... you *may* have ms, you *may* have bigger/more sensitive bbs... you *may* be sensitive to smells, etc...
But you can be pregnant even if all of those are absent.
Same with labor.
You might lose your plug (I didn't)
You might have bloody show (I didn't)
You might have a 'clear out' (I didn't)
You might feel all the pains and twinges as LO moves down (I didn't)
You might feel sick (I didn't)
You might get contractions that get progressively worse (I didn't)
Your water might break (mine did)

So.. for me... labor was 'sudden' in the sense that I had no signs at all, and then my water broke, so labor was inevitable. I still had PLENTY of time before she actually arrived though, so no panic... she didn't arrive until 17 hrs after my water broke.

Tha's what happend to me with dd. I had no signs of labor, when my water broke at 4 am, then I was in labor. So it can just happen!! Gl xx

Same here! Didn't lose my plug or have a bloody show ...... I had nothing except my waters breaking and baby holly was here under 2.5 hours later!

This all sounds like it might actually indicate a faster labour if you don't have any signs...

...I'm gonna just nod and say that's the case haha

No one seems to be saying any more than 5 hour labour :p

This thread is making me feel better thanks everyone. I feel like I could still go into labour before I'm induced on Sunday, I was starting to doubt it because I've had no signs whatsoever. I just want something to happen. I feel like I'm broken or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->