Has anyone had an Endo Scratch done?

LaurenaC

Reaction score
I'm booked in to have an Endo scratch done at my first IVF scan appointment. Apparently it's supposed to increase the chances of the IVF working.

I've never heard of it before and was wondering if anyone else had had it done, what it was like during the treatment and if it had had any effect on success for you.

I'm having it done under sedation. I start down regs on 21st February and am having the scratch done the day before I start the stims.

This is our first and only IVF attempt due to having to privately fund it ourselves. We are paying an extra £500 for the scratch so wanted other peoples' opinions etc.

Many thanks in advance girls,

Lauren

We had the scratch too, although not under sedation. It lasted about 15 minutes and wasn't painful, was just like a smear.

Sorry I can't tell you of it helped or not as I'm still in the 2ww.

We had the embryo glue too.

Good luck!

I had it done last week for my second attempt. It was fine, wasn't under sedation, it was like a smear, uncomfortable but not overly so. Mainly felt some twisting, then cramps (no more severe than a bad period) some cramps that evening and by the next day I was fine again.

Obviously can't comment on success yet as onky starting new cycle this week.

Good luck

Hi LaurenaC,

I didn't have sedation when we had the scratch, and like others have said it is no more painful than a smear.

It doesn't last long at all.
I had some bleeding and discomfort afterwards but nothing more.

Wishing you the best of luck with it.

My consultant advised we have it as it makes the womb lining more 'accommodating'. It should in theory make it more receptive to implantation.

Hope this helps.

Hi

I also had the scratch last month ready for our first cycle of icsi.

It was very quick, like a smear. I had a tiny bit of spotting but that's it and was fine.

I am still in the two but tested early yesterday at 10dp2dt and got a BFP so maybe the scratch did help implantation.

Hi I haven't been on here for a long time but yes I had the scratch for my last go (that worked) its was £100 not sedated and it hurt me but so worth it. good luck xx

I had the scratch last cycle, £120, was awake for it, and was only a little uncomfortable. We had poor embryo's and cycle failed, so I don't know how beneficial scratch is. I will be having it again this FET cycle. I have done lots of research and believe it heightens chances of success. x

I had 2 x failed IVF cycles without the scratch, on my third go I gave the scratch a go and I had my BFP.
If your paying thousands for treatment then it's worth the £150 extra for the scratch. My consultant said it's supposed to give the embroyos something to cling onto.
Good luck x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->