Has anyone had loop/lletz treatment?

oneday123

Reaction score
I'm just wondering how it will affect pregnancy if at all? I had my treatment almost 2 years ago. I'm seeing a doctor next week so will be asking but wondered whether anyone had any experience? Thank you.

I had cryotherapy, which is what my doctor prefers over LOOP a month before I got pregnant. I am having some cervix sensitivity but otherwise all has been well so far. They're not at all concerned. Just make sure your doctor keeps an eye on the length of your cervix as you progress.

Thank you. Are you having scans or something to check the cervix or just the midwife having a look during a routine appointment?

Ah, sorry. Just realised you're USA and I'm UK so it will be different here as we don't routinely see a doctor.

I had LLETZ in October 2014. It didn't even cross my mind actually!

Off to Google......

I had a LLETZ in 2005 and was told at the time it may weaken the cervix which may increase the chance of a late miscarriage. During my first pregnancy (2012), my midwife referred me to the consultant for a vaginal ultrasound to check my cervix was "competent". All was fine but if there were any concerns then the consultant would have put a stitch in my cervix to keep it closed and then removed it when I was full term. Sounds horrendous but apparently it only takes a minute and they numb you first. But guessing if you have been through a LLETZ then this is nothing new!! Hope this helps, please discuss it with your MW or GP and insist on a referral to get checked out.

Thank you So much foxyloxy. I'll be asking the doctor next week and will insist on a referral.

We do see a doctor here routinely but I haven't had a manual exam since my first appointment. My cervix was checked twice at ultrasounds.
I have also heard about the stitch, I believe they call it cerclage.

Just make sure your doctor knows you had the procedure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->