Has anyone had success with Femara after Clomid failed?

TTCBayBay1

Reaction score
Hello all,

I just finished two cycles of clomid (50 mg and 100 mg), and I did not ovulate on either. An ultrasound showed I have polycystic ovaries, and my doctor has switched me to Femara 2.5 mg on days 3-7 of my next cycle.

My questions: Has anyone ovulated with Femara after not ovulating on Clomid? Also, my doctor did not put me on Metformin, and I see that most women with PCOS are on metformin? Anybody have success without metformin?

THANKS!

I also have PCOS and my doctor did not put me on metformin. I did however get pregnant with DS #1 on my third cycle of clomid (50mg on cd 3-7). But when ttc #2 I had no luck with my first 3 cycles and the next 2 I was on 100mg of clomid and man that was harsh, my ovaries hurt so bad. We took 1 cycle off and then my doctor put me on Femara (sorry I forgot the dosage), because we were going to start with IUI's while being put on the waiting list for IVF (there's a waiting list in the military). So we went ahead with the first IUI thinking this isn't going to work and we were just biding our time. But it actually did. So Femera made me ovulate. According to my ultrasound, each ovary had a nice size egg to release, but only my right side ovulated that month.

So there is hope!!!!! I hope this helps, and good luck!
Did you feel any affects while being on clomid? Like cramping etc?

Thank you so much for the reply! It gives me hope!

The only effects I've had from Clomid are night sweats. Other than that, I've had some "twinges" in my ovaries and they hurt like heck during the ultrasound yesterday....but I haven't ovulated and only had one 8 mm follicle and a ton of cysts as of yesterday. We don't plan on IUI yet; my doctor said that step 1 is to figure out a medication and dose that will make me ovulate. It's good to know that others have taken Femara without metformin and had success!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->