Has anyone heard of this before

dreamweaver

Reaction score
Can anyone help me, has anyone ever heard of someone having and allergic reaction to conception or pregnancy ?

About 5 years ago, i had an unexplained allergic reaction to something that started off as a rash all over my body that eventually turned me into one big red itchy blob. I went to A+E and they took bloods and stuff and asked if I could be pregnant. I said no but they tested my urine anyway and they said no I wasnt. I was treated and left the hospital with no problems but never did get to the bottom of what had caused it as I had not done or eaten anything different to normal. A few weeks later I found out I was pregnant, but it was not the right time for me and my partner and although it was the hardest decision I have ever had to make we decided it would be for the best to terminate the pregnancy. The relationship ended shortly after so it definatley was the right decision as I came from a single parent family and although my mum did a great job with me that is not what I would want for myself. Well fast forward to today and I have a new partner, we are not trying for a baby and our method of contraception is condoms.Well this evening I begin to itch on my right arm and then I noticed my chest and back had all come up again in an angry rash just like it did before. It might just be a coincidence but I just thought it was odd as again I have not done or eaten anything different. I know the hospital told me it was negative but the machine could of given a false result as I have had a false positive on one of those machines before.Has anyone ever heard of someone having skin reactions like this before ? Its probably nothing but its just got me thinking as I remember watching about a woman who had allergic reactions to orgasms.

Any replies are welcomed thanks for reading x

No idea myself but found this information for you regarding rashes whist pregnant :confused:

Skin rashes in pregnancyhttps://www.netdoctor.co.uk/system/s.gif
https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/system/s.gifhttps://www.netdoctor.co.uk/system/s.gif

During pregnancy, skin changes are common. Many of these skin changes are normal in pregnancy and should not be mistaken for a rash or skin disorder.

What are normal skin changes during pregnancy?

The most common skin changes in pregnancy are:
  • melasma: brown, clearly defined patches on the face, typically on the cheekbones and forehead.
  • darkening of the nipples and external genitals (pubic area).
  • darkening of existing moles
  • linea nigra: a dark line that appears on the abdomen, running straight down from the umbilicus (belly button).
  • striae gravidarum (stretch marks of pregnancy): red lines or bands that can appear on the abdomen during pregnancy, or the breasts after breastfeeding, which later become white, smooth, shiny and flattened.
  • veins on the skin can become more obvious.
  • varicose veins can appear on the legs.
  • an increase in the number of skin tags (small, harmless skin outgrowths that occur especially on the neck, but can be found on any part of body).
  • acne can worsen.
Why do skin changes occur during pregnancy?

Pregnancy causes changes in blood hormone levels, mainly an increase in oestrogen levels and melanocyte-stimulating hormone (MSH). Melanocytes are the cells within the skin whose concentration determines the degree of pigmentation of the skin.

Darkening (hyperpigmentation) occurs following the increase in MSH. The changes in veins are due to the increase in oestrogens. Striae gravidarum occur when elastic tissue stretches as the abdomen and breasts enlarge.

Are these skin changes permanent or harmful?

Most of these changes disappear within a few months after the baby is born, but tend to reappear in subsequent pregnancies. Striae gravidarum do not disappear completely, but in time they become less noticeable.

Except for affecting the mother's appearance (cosmetic effects), these skin changes do not harm mother or baby in any way.

What are abnormal skin conditions in pregnancy?

Skin disorders that occur during pregnancy can be:
  • rashes specific to pregnancy, called specific dermatoses (skin disorders) of pregnancy.
  • non-specific rashes that could occur at any time.
  • itching without rash.
These disorders can cause harm to mother and baby, so seek medical advice if you spot any skin changes that seem abnormal. Itching without rash can be normal or abnormal in pregnancy. Advice should be sought if itching occurs after the first trimester (three months) of pregnancy, or if it keeps getting worse.

> condoms any allergy I believe would just cause problems in the lower area and not all over?! This would be a probably latex allergy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->