Has anyone used.....

bex

Our little princess
Reaction score
Has anyone used a net thingy (no idea what they are called) that you can put lumps of food in and your baby can then suck the food through the net and won't choke on big bits of food.

I was wondering if they are any good. I was thinking of getting some for Niamh so that she can suck safely on different foods rather than having just watery purees that the hospital have suggested.

i havent tried one hun but i gave annabelle a small piece of banana to hold the other day and she properly choked on it so would be something i would be interested in, where do u actually get the net from

Lou
xxx

I have one, but Jack has hardly use it. He didn't seem very interested. I got mine from Asda.

I havent but I think it would be ideal for Niamhy. A bit like BLW but obviously better for her PRS. :D

I havent seen them in RL but I'm sure someone else once mentioned Adsa having them.

x

i've seen them in tescos, toys r us, mothercare, them kinda places!

tbh i thought they were a bit bollocks, one of those gadgets that people didnt need 50 years ago sort of thing, but it sounds ideal for niamh!! i wouldnt use one for katie, but i can see how it would be useful for niamh to be able to get food another way!!

if you give like melon and stuff, the net things arent really worth it cos its so hard they tend to just suck anyway...unless they're called katie and chew great chunks off lol!!

Ive got one from asda. Its quite good ive only used it with banana and melon but i think i got it to late because Ellie is pretty good with lumps.

Search for Baby Safe Feeder. They sell em on Amazon and Jojo Mama Bebe.

I had one for Casen and I hated the thing, it was so hard to getcompletley cleaned, he ended up using it maybe 3x and never again it was just too much of a pain

Thanks everyone for your help. I think i'm going to get one for Niamh as she loves her food but because of her endless list of problems she just can't manage anything other than milk consistency.
It might save anymore choking incidents plus its not great poking your finger up a cleft to get rid of food thats stuck!!!!

I've got one and I really like it. I agree that they are harder to clean, so I just sterilize mine lots.
I use it to soothe Simon when he's teething. I put frozen organic blueberries in it and away he goes. It's quite cute.

sounds like a good idea honey :) i saw one in asda the other day, and mothercare too :D x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->