Has everyone already decided whether they want to find out the sex or not?

Blondie

Reaction score
I've been thinking about it recently and I "think" I don't want to know as I like the idea of finding out when it's born - whether I could go the whole 9 months without changing my mind though is a different matter :rofl:

Anyone else been giving it thought and made a decision yet?

Yeah we are planning to find out.
We havent really got a reason for wanting to know.

we've decided not to find out, it would be like unwrapping a christmas present early!! my sister found out and all along we knew she was going to be a girl and her name was going to be Aaliyah so when she was born it was just like oh the baby is here, not like the excitement of finding out if it was a girl or boy, so on that basis we've decided to wait for our lil suprise! i just feel you've gone the whole 9 months gone through all the symptoms and everything that comes with pregnancy so you might as well treat yourself with a suprise at the end!

I want to find out, mainly cos i want to buy little boy :blue: or little girl :pink: clothes!! I want to buy clothes in advance (for 6 months and above) and you cant really buy unisex outfits after newborn.

I just think, IMO of course, that i want to be organised. I know you can be organised of course WITHOUT knowing the sex, but me and my partner have discussed it and we thought in our case, it would make sense to find out. We are also planning on having the 4D scan done, so hopefully, no mistakes will be made sexing the flump haha!!

When you go for your 5 month scan, i dont want to be guessing if i can see 'bits' or not, im just too impatient!!! :hissy:

:baby:

we r not finding out :) we did with our other 2 but as this is gonna b our last baby we would like the surprise :) so we are on team yellow :) super exciting!

we r not finding out :) we did with our other 2 but as this is gonna b our last baby we would like the surprise :) so we are on team yellow :) super exciting!

If i was in your position (already had 2 babies and this was my last) i would defo do the same as you and wait! Thats so cute :hugs:

Only cos its my first, its all so exciting and new, i want to know everything now haha! :happydance:

Id happily keep this 1 a surprize, but im letting my OH decide, so feels important etc lol that i'l do something he wants
didnt find out with amber, brilliant it was!

We've decided to find out for ourselves but not tell anyone.

That way we can get all our colourful things ready and everyone will have the surprise!

We've decided we want to know. For us, it makes much more sense as we can get organised and buy the clothes we want to in the way of colours :) I didnt find out with my first so I left the decision up to OH and he definately wants to know :D

I am definitely finding out, i am way to impatient and just wouldnt be able to wait! Plus i want to get organised, i want to buy all the clothes and decorate knowing the sex! I think after a couple of children i will leave it as a suprise!
x

We are going to find out. Firstly because we want to be able to get the right things in the right colours etc and secondly because there is no way I can wait another 7 months to know, I am far too impatient!

I am definately finding out, I think the birth itself is surprising enough! I also want to give the baby a name and think it helps bond.... as well as buying all the right colur clothes!! :)

We haven't discussed it, but I think we probably will find out, if only to narrow down possible names!

Will also make it easier to buy the first sets of clothes, cos the boy/girl ones are (in my opinion) much cuter than the neutral ones.

I also don't think I could stand not knowing if it was possible to know - I'd be looking on the scan to see if I could see anything between their legs or not - ha ha

im not really sure what i want to do .. i dont want to find out because it will be a nice suprise .. but i do cus i want to be orginised like the clothes and other items ,, i dont really like much of the unisex stuff .. i think i prob will find out but the only thing is my partnes mum a spite full cow .. who was moneing say i dont want to no blah blah blah .. but how the hell she not guna find out every one else will no so she is bound to find out.. and like when me and my partney buy things pink or blue she guna no ... it gets me really mad every one else is happy and wants to no like us n thers just her arrghh it gets me angry !! :growlmad:

I am also going to find out. :) Mostly it's because I am just like a child a t Christmas i just can't wait..hahah

Yes we are going to find out!!! We want to know so we can start decorating the babys room!!!!! and buying clothes etc.

:) xxx

I'm finding out. I have 3 girls and 1 boy and all of us are dying to know if this is a boy.

this is really interesting.

we'd like to find out as we're pretty impatient and this is all so new and exciting!

however, a word of warning for those who dont want to find out. I spoke to a friend of mine who has 4 children who says:

1) the scanning person can easily slip up even if you say you dont want to know. i.e just mention at the end something like "everything is fine with him"

2) if its a girl, the girly bits are pumped with oestrogen and so bigger than you'd expect and sometimes its really obvious when you're getting your scan done what the baby is. i had always thought that a little boy would've been easier to detect but apparently not!

I cant wait to buy little boys/girls clothes myself but can complete understand those with enough patience to keep it a suprise

:)

We're going to leave it, didnt find out last time so figured we should leave it this time too. Gives you another suprise when they finally arrive

My OH and I want to know... We are thinking of not telling anyone else though, just cause they can have the surprise... I want to buy the clothes, pick a name, organize toys... I'm very proactive and I wouldn't be able to wait to find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->