Hate myself for feeling like this

MrsM17

Reaction score
I rally really do hate myself. I have the most beautiful baby boy and I adore him. I wasn't really that bothered when pregnant I was convinvced he was a girl but didnt care until the last few weeks and then I wanted a girl.

Obv wouldnt change him for the world.

We are starting to ttc soon and I am already in a panic. Bought the shettles book, have been temping for 3 months etc... I am desperate for a girl. Totally selfish reasons which is why I hate myself.

I cried the other day while watching my neighbours daughter get married, leaving from their home. My hubby asked why I was balling and I said 'cause I'll never have that moment of seeing my daughter on her wedding day' God I could cry just typing it.

Now ive worked with children with disabilities for years and 100% know a healthy child is the most important thing but I just cant help it.

My friend is having fertility treatment and find out on sat if its worked after 4 long years of longing for a baby - either sex would do - and still I feel like this. I just want to hang my head in shame.

Part of me is scared to ttc as its then final - decision made on the gender no going back.We only want 2 children x

Awww Hun, don't hate yourself or be ashamed. It's Ok to feel like you do. Most of the ladies on here have felt like this, including me and we all know the most important thing is that the baby is healthy and that we are lucky that we can have children, but we just can't help the way we feel and can't make the gender desire feelings just go away.
You are not alone and I really hope you get you're little Girly.
Have a look at the genderdreaming site as well, it gives loads of tips on TTC a girl as well as doing the shettles method.
Good luck xxxx

oh hun i know exactly how you feel although i do have a daughter i was convinced with this pregnancy that it was another girl but we found out on tuesday that it is our 5th baby boy. We very much believe in God and believe that this is his plan for our lives but in some ways that makes me feel even worse as i feel im letting God down by not being happy with what he gives me. It took me all my strength not to burst into tears in the scanning room. Its not that i dont want this little baby i do and i already love him to pieces but ive always dreamt of having a big family with at least 2 little girls but it feels like im grieveing for that dream as i dont believe it will ever happen. Hubby doesnt know what to do with me as i keep bursting into tears. I know it makes me sound like such an awful person as i know how unbelievably blessed i am i wish i could stop these feelings. Massive hugs. x

It's ok to desire a particular gender. No shame in that.
I am desperate for a daughter too and not just for the girly things you can dress them in ( cause she will probably be a Tom boy anyway as she will have two brothers lol ) but for my hubby to have that special daddy daughter bond that I didn't get to have with my dad, for mummy daughter bond, for my boys to have a sister, girl dates and sleep overs, wedding day and being there for her when she has her own kids. Cause most girls won't let their mils come in for the birth and I don't want to miss out on that. It's all the things a daughter brings to a family.
If I had another boy I'd be happy for a healthy baby to love but sad that there'd be no more chances for a daughter we are only having three. I never had a preference on gender when I was pregnant the 1st time, wanted girl with my 2nd but wasn't too bothered either way, had a tiny bit of GD but got over it pretty much the day.
I've had two miscarriages this year I just want a healthy baby.
Oh and I wouldn't be doing shettles just by itself because its been proven not to work most of the time. Doing the girl diet and supplements will give you a greater chance. Check out gender dreaming lots of info on there :)
Good luck hope you get your girly :)

OMG I am the same as you but the other way around. I have the most beautiful baby girl in the world, she is amazing and I wouldn't change her for a boy even if I could.

But ive already been thinking about TTC for number 2, and we are desperate for a boy!!

I have been looking into the idea what diet can contribute towards the sex of your baby, there's a lot of research into it. Apparently to have a boy you need to eat more when you conceive and eat a high potassium and sodium diet. Google what it would be for a girl, there is a lot of evidence to say that it's possible.

I would change your diet to the girl diet and read up on the idea of calorie intake for a baby girl. It's only while you are ovulating and conceiving... :) Got to be worth a shot!

And ive heard a lot of good things bout the Shettles method, I'm gonna be using that when we TTC! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->