Hating Myself

MummyJo

Mummy to 2 girls!
Reaction score
This probably isn't the right place for this but most of you have babies of similar age or at least still remember this stage so I feel a bit more comfortable talking here..

I really just can't stop criticising myself. I'm not a good enough mum, partner, lover, friend. You name it.
I just don't know how to start feeling good about myself again. I hate the way I look, I was actually more confident and happier with my body the day/week after I gave birth than I am now (8 weeks on.) - Anyone else find this??

I want to start losing weight (I've never been particularly small but before my first I was a comfortable size 10/12 I'm now a 16 and just can't stop gaining.
I want to start wearing makeup properly but haven't a clue where to start. My OH is getting me a few bits for Xmas but I just don't have a clue how to use it let alone the confidence to try and I don't have any girly mates to help.

I want to be a good mum to my two girls but I spend all my time thinking they're ashamed of me.

Bleh, I'm just rambling really!

If anyone has any tips and ideas for helping mums feel like themselves again I'd love to hear them! It's been such a long time since I felt like anyone but this frumpy, dumpy boring woman. My OH must hate me!

Oh hun I'm sure you are a great mum. James is 9 weeks old now and I have only just started to wear makeup and take pride in my appearance again. With regards to the makeup - why don't you go and have a makeover in a department store? They can show you what suits you and how to get the look. And its usually free!

big hugs to you! you should defo not hate youself,i am sure you are a great mummy. have you thought it might be PND? X

First of all your girls will think your a wonderful mum and your OH doesn't hate you!

I went through a stage like this, it does get better! I know what you mean about gaining weight, I got so used to eating junk and convinience food I didn't want to stop. I joined weight watchers and have been slowly loosing weight and have found that my confidence is coming back.
Most make up artists do make up lessons, I think there about £50.00 but they can advise you what colours suit you and teach you how to do it all properly. Or go along to a department store, most of them are happy to do a demo for you if they think your going to buy something.

It does take time, I didn't feel comfortable in my self again until about 5 months after x

Oh hun.. It will start to get better soon. Its such a tough time... Sleepless nights have a lot to answer for. Have you thought about joining your local slimming world group? Give you chance to get out of the house for an hour a week and mix with other adults. If your breastfeeding they have a plan for that. Also if your not ready to leave baby they will be happy for you to take baby too. If you want tips for make up have a look on you tube there are some brilliant tutorials of how to do stuff of ladies applying their make up. Its great.. you can find how to do haor styles too.. I mastered curling with the hair straighteners by watching a clip on you tube. Here a link to a lady I really like .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hWP8psPXV4

im sure you will be ok love dont worry i have days like that i swear lol

Sorry you're feeling like this hun, i'm in a similar place most days!

Regarding make-up if you go on yo tube there are loads of videos on how to apply it and tips and things, great if you're not sure what your doing. I was clueless - now im on expert! Lol.

Hope you feel better soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->