• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Have been in and out of the hospital since Monday now I can't leave

Katiedw21

Reaction score
Don't really know the right place to post this but Monday I went to my normal ob appt and was sent to l&d because of contractions and changing cervix was monitored for contractions and make sure baby was ok, I was deff contracting but cervix stayed the same and baby looked good so was sent home after 8 hours. Tuesday was contracting again and had bleeding the night before so was sent back in again all looked ok so was sent home, that night though bleeding became heavy and contractions became painful tried to bare with it because thursday my oldest started high school and daughter started middle school but couldn't do it, do now I'm in with contracting painfully bleeding from unknown sources oh and to top it off baby is breach and I met with NICU today to explain what its going to be like with a 32 weeker I'm so terrified because i'l have to have a c section and a premiee, this is my sixth baby I just want him healthy but the odds are so much better after 34 weeks but with the bleeding it can happen anytime now I'm so lost right now

I'm sorry to hear your having such a scary time of it! Do they have you on terbutaline to slow/stop the contractions? Were any of your other babies premature? You are in the best place and hopefully if they can't slow things down they can prepare baby with steroids, babies are strong resilient little things and he/she will have a team of people ready to help if needed. :hugs:

So sorry to hear, I had PTL at 31 weeks and I was scared bonkers. I would listen to your Dr's and try to keep calm. NICU makes advancements all the time and if baby makes an early entrance, he'll be in good hands.

Obviously it's hard to stay stress-free but do try to take it easy.

Thank you ladies! It's really hard, I've had preterm labor before, scary preterm labor but they stopped my contractions this time they won't stop ive had tributaline, and was on procardia around the clock but didn't do much the next step would be mag but because of bleeding they don't want to. I thought last night it was going to happen his heart was in the low 100's but I was exhausted and the contractions were and are wearing him out but I slept a few hours and I think they calmed down during that and he's in the 120's now, not great, but better. Ive had 3 shots of steroids, will get my last shot today. I just really want to keep him in until he's a bit bigger but I'm putting my trust in God right now he's the only one who truly knows what's best. Again thank you ladies, it's hard not to feel isolated

I'm hoping your LO stays put for now, but 32 wks is totally doable if it it comes to that. Thinking of you. I know you've been struggling a while with pre-term labor.

Thank you tankel! Yes it's been an ongoing battle since 18 weeks, had a good stretch of feeling great and no problems but then it took a turn, I'm not so much afraid he be sick, as all of it, the NICU stay, c section after 5 vaginal, breastfeeding, having 5at home, but thank you I appreciate it!

How scary , at least your in the safeer zone now if he comes early . Rest up and hope he stays in for as long as possible :hugs:

How scary , at least your in the safeer zone now if he comes early . Rest up and hope he stays in for as long as possible :hugs:

Thank you!! Yes I hope at least 2 more weeks would be awesome!!!! It's so scary fir so many reasons!

Contracting worse this morning, more consistent and more painful, but baby has flipped back to head down hallelujah no csection as of right now they're just going to let me go and see if changes my cervix but I'm not new to this and if they don't stop these contractions it's coming

:hugs: You're doing amazing, Katie. Keeping things composed. I'm glad baby is head down now, that at least takes 1 of your concerns (c section) off the worry list!

:hugs: You're doing amazing, Katie. Keeping things composed. I'm glad baby is head down now, that at least takes 1 of your concerns (c section) off the worry list!

Yes a big concern, now I can just focus on him! Thank you honey!!

I can understand how worried you must be! My sister had her 1st son at 29 weeks. He was 2lbs. He is doing amazing now and is 3 years old! :) Hang in there momma! I am sure it will all be okay. I will pray for you.

Oh just read that baby is head down! YAY :)

Thinking of you. I'm glad baby is head down and you're in the right place, x

Peeking in from 2nd tri to check you're ok. Also another mummy of 5 ❤ I'm glad baby is head down now. You're doing fantastic xx

I can understand how worried you must be! My sister had her 1st son at 29 weeks. He was 2lbs. He is doing amazing now and is 3 years old! :) Hang in there momma! I am sure it will all be okay. I will pray for you.

Oh just read that baby is head down! YAY :)

That's so good to hear, it's just an impression
Unknown and think that's what's scary! Im still pregnant though so everyday is a milestone! I need all the prayers I can get do thank you soi much!!!

Peeking in from 2nd tri to check you're ok. Also another mummy of 5 ❤ I'm glad baby is head down now. You're doing fantastic xx

Ahhhhhh how awesome! If I get asked over more time what my plans are for birth control and prevention are after im going to punch someone haha I've been asked that since #4! So happy he's head down I was so scared of c section, it's so tough just laying here, but I want him in I! Thanks again babe!

Glad he is head down , how are you feeling today ?:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"