Have I missed my chance this month?

Lucina

Reaction score
Got a positive OPK this morning but my OH wont be home until tomorrow afternoon as he is away camping. We managed to BD yesterday morning but that was first time for a week as have been ill with a stinking cold. Im now really stressed that Im going to miss our chance this month. Everything I read is so contradictory about when to get a BFP around ovulation so thought I would ask you wise ladies if you thought it was worthwhile trying tomorrow when he gets back or just accept we will need to try again next month?

It really depends Lucina. A positive OPK is a snapshot of your LH surge. You get this surge right before you ovulate. When you get a positive OPK, you could be getting the snapshot at the beginning, middle or end of the surge. If you catch it at the beginning of your surge, then you have 12-48 hours before you ovulate. However, you could catch the surge at the end when it is on it's way down. You actually could ovulate on that same day. If you have been testing every day, especially twice a day, you most likely caught your surge at the beginning and you will ovulate in the next 12-48 hours. You are definitely not out. Since you BD'd yesterday, and you will BD tomorrow, there is a good chance you could catch your egg. Try not to stress, you are still in the running!

Thanks for that heart tree, its just so hard not to get obsessive about the tiniest details. Im normally a sane person-honest!

I'm normally a sane person too but I'm feeling a little crazy myself lately. OPKs will do that to you! I'm in the same boat, I am worried I missed my surge this weekend because we had a houseguest all weekend long and he's still here. Yesterday my opk looked sorta positive and now I am stressing that I missed my chance because it was back to negative today. :dohh:

Hey girls - just to let you know everything Heart tree said - totally agree

I am pretty confident I got PG last time 3 days after my first pos OPK.... just something to bare in mind...

Im with everyone else, too!! :)

:hi: Im in Glasgow, too. Where you at? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->