Have I moved to pants too quickly?!

choc

Reaction score
Potty training has been going well, now I'm scared I've ruined it! Started properly yesterday although he has had the potty around for ages and done bits and bobs on it. Yesterday when naked, he started wees on the floor but finished on the potty and poo went on the floor. Today all his wees have been straight in the potty and his poo! Was so pleased that when we were in the supermarket this afternoon I let him choose some pants. He is now wearing them and I am worried I've moved too soon and he will just use them as a nappy 😢.
What do you think?!

Not too soon no, he won't use as a nappy as will feel completely different. With my first I never did the naked thing, he went from nappy one day to pants the next, yes we had accidents but they were just that accidents never intentional going in pants.

Thanks, I hope you are right. He did a wee in them and a poo in them this evening which was a bit gutting as he had no accidents this morning when naked.

Prob just got a bit used to wearing nothing

Yeah that's what I was trying to avoid!. My eldest was naked trained from 18 months til his second birthday. Couldn't get him to wear pants for love nor money without wetting them! So this time I went for pants after less than 2 days!

I'm about a week into pants and ds is doing well with telling me he needs to pee. (He cannot pull them down so needs help). We're struggling with poo but that's not related to the pants.

That's great Krissie, did you do naked first or go straight to pants? This morning I put a nappy on him as he had nursery and I didn't want him to go in pants just yet. After about 10 mins he said poo and I took the nappy off and he did a wee! So I was pleased he did that whilst wearing a nappy.

I think that sounds fine. But you will need to stay on top of him reminding him to use the potty because he won't know at first when he needs to go. We started in pants right away and never did the naked stage. Mine was toilet trained in 4 days and back off to nursery.

Thanks utopia. He does know when he needs to go when naked but I'm guessing the pants reminded him of a nappy. I'll keep going with the pants I think. If he can do it naked then he should eventually get it in pants I guess.

Sounds fine to me. I did naked thing day 1, then pants day 2 and 3. Accidents in pants are actually a good thing, as horrible as it's sounds, it makes them realise they don't want that. It feels horrible to them so encourages them to use the potty. I'm sure he will do great. keep it up �� xx

We did being naked at home for a while but then would wear pants when out. Some days they had accidents some days they wouldn't, it partly depended on what they were doing when we were out

That's great Krissie, did you do naked first or go straight to pants? This morning I put a nappy on him as he had nursery and I didn't want him to go in pants just yet. After about 10 mins he said poo and I took the nappy off and he did a wee! So I was pleased he did that whilst wearing a nappy.

We went straight into pants. I use a pull up when we are out but he gets super lazy in those. So just pants work well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->