Have I taken the test too soon?

amylou242

Reaction score
Hi Y'all

So I think I am pregnant but have taken 3 tests and all have come back negative. I was on the mini pill for the past 4 years which gave me irregular periods so no idea of my cycle.

I think we may have conceived on the 3rd or 4th of this month I did a test on Tuesday the 14th (started to feel sick, tired, moody, vaginal discharge etc so came off the pill) and came up negative then did another one on Friday 17th then again today (Monday 20th) but all have been negative. Just read though that if you have no idea of your cycle you should wait 21 days from sex before you test as they wont pick up the HCG hormone level in your urine.

I am going to test again on Friday of this week which will make it 21 days ish so it should show up then if I am. If not does that mean I'm definitely not pregnant? I know that most tests show a positive result early though so should it have showed up today?

Thanks for your help. I'm going crazy! So sure I am pregnant and although not planned teh posibikty is very exciting, on the other hand if I'm not theres something not right. My closest friend even asked me on the weekend if I was, she thought there was something about me that was different! ....

:wacko:

Hi Y'all

So I think I am pregnant but have taken 3 tests and all have come back negative. I was on the mini pill for the past 4 years which gave me irregular periods so no idea of my cycle.

I think we may have conceived on the 3rd or 4th of this month I did a test on Tuesday the 14th (started to feel sick, tired, moody, vaginal discharge etc so came off the pill) and came up negative then did another one on Friday 17th then again today (Monday 20th) but all have been negative. Just read though that if you have no idea of your cycle you should wait 21 days from sex before you test as they wont pick up the HCG hormone level in your urine.

I am going to test again on Friday of this week which will make it 21 days ish so it should show up then if I am. If not does that mean I'm definitely not pregnant? I know that most tests show a positive result early though so should it have showed up today?

Thanks for your help. I'm going crazy! So sure I am pregnant and although not planned teh posibikty is very exciting, on the other hand if I'm not theres something not right. My closest friend even asked me on the weekend if I was, she thought there was something about me that was different! ....

:wacko:

Hi hun when was ur last period? If it was more than three weeks ago I'd advise u by some first response early result, these give results up to six days before your period, if u have no Idea of cycle I'd say this was ur best way of finding out, I'm in exactly the same boat as u its wat I'm having to do xx

Hi!

Well I have no idea from having irregular/ non -existent periods on the mini pill so feel like I'm just guessing! I took a clear blue one which are meant to be pretty good at picking it up early. Really hope I am pregnant!

Nice to find someone in the same boat as me through. Are you TTC? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->