Have to make a decision – Need some advice please.

faithforbaby

Reaction score
So we have done several rounds of Clomid with the Ovidrel trigger shot. I just had a scan yesterday, and it showed a 19 mm follicle on my right a 20 mm and 16 mm follicle on my left side. This round, the doctor had wanted us to start IUI. When I went there yesterday, I asked the doctor if it would be possible to do a round without the Ovidrel and just try to wait for me to ovulate on my own and conceive naturally. He said there is a very good chance that I will ovulate on my own, so I really feel like we can do this. Am I a fool for just trying that, and waiting on the IUI? If I do decide I want to do IUI, I can take the ovidrel shot tonight, and come in for an IUI on Tuesday.

A big part of me just wants to not trigger and see what happens for once. I keep wondering if when I trigger the follicles are mature and ready to go. Has anyone used the trigger, and then taken a month off and got their BFP? any advice is welcome! Thanks!

If there are no sperm issues and you usually dont have any issues with ovulating then I think you could conceive naturally, I also worry about triggering too early with IUI and the reason they like to trigger is so they can control when you will ovulate usually always 36 hours after the trigger shot so IUI is timed at 36 hours. Best of luck!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->