have u got pets?

XxkayleighxX

Reaction score
i no this sounds strange but i have 2 smallish dogs (jack russells) and i keep them under control no jumpin up and that ,we have a baby gate in the kitchen and wen ppl cum in we make the dogs go in the kitchen and w8 till they calm down 2 let them back in,

my house is 2 up 2 down so nice size for our 1st house do u fink am silly 2 big a baby in this? wiv havin 2 dogs?

they use 2 b allowed on the sofas but since we decided that we want to try soon we have changed this a dogs are not allowed anymore, they r use to babies and children as out friends have kids

not at all - people have animals and babies - we have 2 cats and a 2 up 2 down and not worrying at all - I mean ideally we'd like a 3 bed, but we can't afford to move so we will make do :) xx

iv got a dog to (chihuahua) hes not as well behaved as we would like lol but we're moving sdoon so hoping to get him trained! wer a bit worried about having him and having babies in the house but i think ig they can be well controlled and listen to you when you say 'down' or whatever it should be OK! i googled it lol n found a few sites with tips etc.

xx

thanx 4 ur reply, me 2 bunnyg82, but this house is ours and am lucky 2 get on the ladder!! i love living here nice cul de sac street :)

thanx groovyclo ill do the same :)

Iv got a hamster lol We would like a dog but because we work shifts we dont think it would be fair on the dog and we arnt realy cat people.

We have two rescue cats and are about to take in a rescue puppy of 5 months old. We live in a 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom house with a garden and we may well have our first baby here. It might be busy but it will be fun and a very happy home :)

xxx

Lol we have a hamster too. I'm trying to convince OH to let me have a rabbit as well, we're not really meant to have pets in the house but the landlord never comes round so i'm sure we will get away with it! :)

we have two siamese cats and they're wonderful with maddi :)

We have 2 samoyed and whilst I would never leave any dog unattended with a child I'm confident that there wouldn't be a problem havng my dogs round kids.

They were first bred my a tribe of eskimos to pull sleds, herd reindeer and sleep with the kids and they're most known for their smiles. Awwww

We have a rabbit called Amalie.
OH's mum keeps trying to give us a kitten, but I really think it would upset her, so I think we are going to say no :(
Where animal mad, has all sorts over the years!

we have 2 dogs a cross breed and a Siberian husky , and two cats.I am very worried about the animals around the baby. The cross breed always growls and snips at the children he has been around....and is very aggressive .And the one cat lies on top of everything and drools:blush:....it makes me worry it will lay on the baby:blush:

Just need to be responsible and sensible. We have 2 dogs a great dane and a retired greyhound. Kids love them to bits. All i would say is try not to ignore the dogs completely when you bring baby home!!:hug:

ooo i wud never leave the dogs alone wiv the baby! my dogs r soft, wudnt hurt a fly, am still goin 2 show them luv just as much as i do now thanx guys

coccyx- Would love to see a picture of your dane!

purpler- My best friend's fave dogs are sammoyeds- she hopes to get one when her baby's a bit older!

I have a great dane (hence the avatar) and 2 cats. I grew up with danes, my mum's was 1 yr old when i was born, n she was great with me! Let me eat out of her bowl n everythin..... not quite sure why my mum let me eat out of the dogs bowl tho?!?! Im hoping she just means that i tried to!? rofl!!

My dog is quite boisterous- but i think a lot of the time they just realise that they have to be careful around babies- she's so good with my friend's son he's 18months n feeds her biccies etc- his hand disappears right inside her mouth, but she never hurts him- very gentle! The cats would prob just run away from a baby!

My sis-in-law says we'd have to get rid of the pets if we had kids- but i think thats just silly! I think u learn a lot from what ur parents do- mine had pets, n hers got rid of their dog just before she was born. It was only a labrador! they're the softest dogs around- n they said it was never nasty or anythin- they just didnt think they should have a dog with a baby!

So looks like im gonna have to convince my hubby to do what my parents did, n not what his parents did!

I have 2 cats and they rule the roost and go anywhere they like but we are planning to buy a 3 bedroom house before we have a baby and I will make sure that they don't go in the babies room from the start.

TBH I worry they might get jealous when we do have a baby as they are our babies at minute!

My best friend's fave dogs are sammoyeds- she hopes to get one when her baby's a bit older!

Samoyeds are SO child friendly it's unreal, your friend should go for it.

Our last litter of pups went to mostly families and it was great to see the bonds forming between lads and their first dogs. If they need any advice on the breed though feel free to send a quick PM when they're ready.

is this strange but i heard that u cant be pregant around cats or dogs. due 2 some chemical in their poo?? hope it isnt true as i want a cat lol x

We live with my DH's mom and she has 2 cats, but hang out in the basement and living room. DH and I have a german shorthair pointer mix (it's really DH's dog, he got him before just before we met), Kathryn was scared of him at first, but now she loves looking at and "talking" him. I was scared at first because Dante (the dog) is very athletic and loves to run around (can be hyper at times), but he's mellow inside the house, and very submissive and obedient with my DH and I. He's great with Kathryn, though he looks like he's feeling left out when we are feeding her, etc. He also barks if someone comes that he doesn't know (before they even get to the door), so I feel very safe with him here. Also it's been proven that kids that are raised in a house with pets are less likely to develop pet allergies.

is this strange but i heard that u cant be pregant around cats or dogs. due 2 some chemical in their poo?? hope it isnt true as i want a cat lol x

It's cat pee you shouldn't be around when you are pg, but that doesn't mean you can't be around cats, you just shouldn't clean the litter box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->