Have you all done your uniform shopping??

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
So have you all done your uniform shopping...i have left it very last min...so i will be doing my shopping spree next week :dohh:

How much have you spent this year? xx

I've physically bought :

Lydia's :
1 pair of shoes
2 pairs of blouses
5 pairs of socks
2 polo shirts for P.E.

Alex's :
1 pair of shoes
1 pair of pumps
2 pairs of trousers
5 pairs of socks
2 polo shirts for P.E.

I've ordered from online (and am still awaiting) :

Lydia's :
2 jumpers
1 pair jogging bottoms
1 pair trousers (she already has a new pair I bought a couple of months ago)

Alex's :
2 jumpers
1 pair jogging bottoms
2 pairs of sports shorts

I just need to locate some P.E. shorts for Lydia, some pumps for Lydia, and buy them each a coat. Oh and I'll have to buy them each a new tie from the school office on the first day back (their last ones are naffed in).

I'm not hugely sure how much I've spent. I spent a total of £31 for the online stuff. I can't remember what I spent on the physical stuff. I do remember Lydia's shoes were £9, Alex's shoes were £10, Alex's pumps were £4, and I can't remember the rest.

I reckon I've spent at least £60 so far though, and as I say more still to buy.

Ellis doesn't start till jan so I'm holding off, our Morrisons marks all their school wear 1/2 price once the schools start so ill stock up then. I have got his polo shirts and PE t shirts from Aldi, £1.25 for 2 and excellent quality!!!

my little girl is just starting school on September 3rd so we've had to buy all new :dohh:

her shoes were £30, I bought her 3 cardis/jumpers which were £32 :shock:
then 3 dresses/skirts which were in the sale at sainsburys so about £12 for all of them. then polo shirts I bought her 3 for £5, I'm not sure how many she'll need but they'll do for now. She already has a lunchbox etc and doesn't need a pe kit or anything yet but I do need to buy a book bag for her when she starts.

I'm a ball of nerves for her- but trying my upmost to be excited with her! cannot wait to get the first couple of weeks over now.

x

my little girl is just starting school on September 3rd so we've had to buy all new :dohh:

her shoes were £30, I bought her 3 cardis/jumpers which were £32 :shock:
then 3 dresses/skirts which were in the sale at sainsburys so about £12 for all of them. then polo shirts I bought her 3 for £5, I'm not sure how many she'll need but they'll do for now. She already has a lunchbox etc and doesn't need a pe kit or anything yet but I do need to buy a book bag for her when she starts.

I'm a ball of nerves for her- but trying my upmost to be excited with her! cannot wait to get the first couple of weeks over now.

x

Aww im sure she will love it...this time last year i was feeling the same as you are now...it was so stressful (for me more than LO)...but hoestly he woul rather be at school than with me half the time! xx

do you get funds from the gov or anything to help you buy those?It muast cost a fortuine to buy one or more sets of uniform each year.

I went out and got a few bits yesterday... Two pairs of shoes cost me £75! Got most of my eldest's bits from BHS (cost about £30) but my youngest is starting pre-school and only turns 3 today, being very small for her age we are struggling with sizes!

And nope, no help from anywhere, it's all on the parents. X

My other half got shoes from clarks for William that where £37 , so he says. I actually could have killed him. Probably be out of them in a few months. And was about £40 on the rest of the stuff, jumper, polo shirt and trousers. Not allowed to buy the cheap stuff here (apart from the trousers) as they all have the school crest on them .

do you get funds from the gov or anything to help you buy those?It muast cost a fortuine to buy one or more sets of uniform each year.

No but some could argue that technically this is what child benefit is for.

Most schools are quite relaxed now about where uniform is from and most supermarkets have affordable basics which are great quality. I got 2 polo shirts for £1.25! We do have to get him 2 school jumpers at £14 each and the schools book and PE bags which are £5 each but nothing else needs to be logo'd.

I remember when I was a high school 20 years ago *cough* we were limited to 1 shop and the blazer alone was £60! Then add jumpers, ties and the supermarkets didn't do school bits back then!

If you are on income support you get free school meals and uniform grant here.

Mine went back a couple of weeks ago, I got them 2 of everything to get back and at the end of the first week walked into asda where the skirts (short stretchy kind) that Leah wears and the shirts (the ones from hangers not the packets) were all down to £2 each so I got her 5 of each of them and the following day tesco had their adult cardis down to £3 (she fit size 6/8) so I got her 3 of them :). Jack wears BHS trousers as he needs the generous fit, they are only £8 a pair so i ought him 2 for starting back and have been in since and got another 3. It was bad organisation that they had the bare minimum to start back with, but next year I might plan that for the bargains haha

Have nearly bought everything...just not shoes yet. It's cost over £70, but all the jumpers and t-shirts need the school logo which is a pain, and we don't have asda, tesco or anything to even buy cheaper trousers. It's a nightmare!

Where I am, no, there's no grant for uniforms.

In Leeds though where I used to live, there is, people on benefits get vouchers for kids school uniforms. Sadly we moved just 2 months before my DD was due to start primary school lol.

It depends on the individual council.

I wish hun...nothing at all! Everything really does cost a fortune...x

I dont actually think marks and spencers are bad price wise...i tend to get all my stuff from there...have to say the price of kids shoes are shocking, last year i bought LO shoes from clarkes for £40...no longer fit now! I have ordered some school things online today from a specialit shop (these things for the school you can only buy from there and no where else)...already spent £120...thats still without his trousers, shoes, trainers, shirts and jumpers! x

All done here finally, I have to admit I have spent more than I wanted too :( I always get 5 of everything so 5 polo shirts, 5 pinafore dresses, 5 cardigans. I also got red tights, new knee high socks. She's got her new shoes and new lunch bag. So easily close to £200 :(

Oh and I got her a new next coat and hat, scarf, gloves set for winter :nope:

All done here finally, I have to admit I have spent more than I wanted too :( I always get 5 of everything so 5 polo shirts, 5 pinafore dresses, 5 cardigans. I also got red tights, new knee high socks. She's got her new shoes and new lunch bag. So easily close to £200 :(

Wow 5 of everything! really that is the most sensible ting to do as they come home mucky all the time...but the cost is just horrendous! xx

This will be my little girls 2nd year of school and she needs a clean one for every day of the week, I can get really behind on my washing sometimes with 3 on my hands so usually leave it till the weekend. My little girl is a right messy pup, always covered in mud from the playground :(

Mine always have loads as well

Atm Leah has 7 skirts, 4 pairs of trousers, 7 shirts and 5 polo shirts. Also 6 cardis, 3 swimming costumes, and she just wears any shorts and t shirts for gym

Jack has 5 trousers but about 15 shirts (one has already made it to the bin) - jack wont wear jumpers so I just out white t shrts under his shirts in winter, so far we have about 10 of them. Gym he has 2 pairs of shorts and any t shirt goes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->