Have you all done your uniform shopping??

I have one staying in the same school so only needed a couple of new skirts and shoes,but then ds1 is starting high school and needed blazer,shirts,tie and everything and ds2 is starting nursery so been very expensive for us this year!

Sounds like quite a lot. Although I think it is starting very early when 3 or 4 year olds have to wear uniform already o_O

All done here! Fly out to Spain for a week tomorrow night, can't come sooner as I am ready for throttling the little darlings (kids are actually going to miss first day back as schools return on 4th here but thankfully we got it authorised before they broke up).

Anyone else agree that 6 weeks is just too long? They get so bored and it just isn't feasible to find something for them to do every single day!

I haven't bought anything yet. I'm going to the shoe shop this week some time and if he's changed sizes then I'll buy new shoes but if he hasn't then his current ones are fine for another half term.

I haven't bothered with any new uniform yet as they are allowed to go back in their summer uniform and he's not grown out of it. He'll wear that until half term and then he'll go into his winter uniform. So I'll buy any bits of winter uniform I need a week or so before half term.
But I only actually need a couple of new shirts as the rest of his stuff is fine.
I've been fortunate that I have a niece and nephew that have just left the school and their parents have passed their stuff on to me. Even without that though I won't needed to of spent much.

I'm anticipating spending about £45 on shoes and £20 on the rest.

I definitely don't find 6 weeks too long at all. Daniel hasn't complained about being bored at all. And I've not had to spend a whole load of money keeping them entertained at all. On nice days we've been at the beach all day and on not nice days we've stated at home and they've played outside or inside with their toys or else we've been to family and my children and theirs have played together. Personally I feel that 6 weeks is the minimum of time they need off-I'd be more than happy with an extra 2 weeks!

I'll be going uniform shopping on saturday. I have 3 in school and always get 5 of everything so - 15 polos shirts, 15 dresses and 15 cardigans. Also, coats,shoes,bags,lunch boxes,hats etc and have put aside £500 for it all :(

I dread to think what I've spent with Alex starting school this year. He's had:

4 x trousers
2 x shorts
5 x polo shirts
2 x shirts
3 x sweatshirts
10 pairs of grey socks
5 pairs of white socks for pe
Jogging bottoms
Pe shorts
Crested t- shirt for pe
Plymsols
Cap
School hoodie
New coat
Full set of waterproofs, fleece and wellie boots for forest schools
Pe bag, book bag and forest school bag
And he had to choose the most expensive pair of Startrite shoes in the shop £45!

At least it's all bought and name labelled up now, I can just concentrate on trying not to get too emotional when he puts it all on and starts school next week!

I bought Uniform things in July as we had to order through the School such as Jumpers & PE kit as they have to have the logo on (£30odd)

Bought his School Shoes on Monday £35 from Clarks.

Going to buy his trousers and polo shirts today.

This time of year makes me glad that we home educate! I don't envy you all having to buy uniform. All I've had to buy are wellie liners, wellie socks, slippers and merino thermals for Steiner/forest school, which cost me around £78 for two children. Fortunately their wellies and waterproofs from last year still fit.

We only get one of everything. Uniform gets worn Monday until Friday and washed on Friday. Any mess before then is spot cleaned. You have to get the uniform from a certain supplier so the prices are really expensive. Over 30 euro for a jumper, same for a skirt.

This time of year makes me glad that we home educate! I don't envy you all having to buy uniform. All I've had to buy are wellie liners, wellie socks, slippers and merino thermals for Steiner/forest school, which cost me around £78 for two children. Fortunately their wellies and waterproofs from last year still fit.

If you are sensible it can actually work out cheaper than buying just 'normal' clothes. Since our son has been at school the amount we spend on clothes (uniform and general clothes together) has reduced. I hardly buy any uniform really but I never struggle at providing him with something clean to wear - and he is extremely messy!! I honestly don't see how people need so much stuff.

Well i ended up finishing uniform shopping today...im so slack i know :lol: xx

You're not that slack-I only started today!
Got Daniel's school shoes and plimsolls. Not planning on buying anything else until half term. He goes back in his summer uniform and all of that is fine still.

I need some bits to add and every where online is out of stock!

Your not wrong there!! It was hellish trying to get my son a pair of school shoes his size!!!

I need socks, pants, vests for william and because Myles is so big I have to buy new sleep suits and for some reason asda and tesco dosnt have any at all. High flyer here with the designer names *cough* lol

I was quite impressed with my shoe shop today-as my son is an H fitting they rarely gave his size in stock but they did today. The actual time waiting, trying on shoes and buying actually only took about 15min too (shame the shoe shop is 10miles away from where I live lol).

5 polo shirts
3 shorts
1 PE short
two caps
2 winter jumpers
2 black shoes

I paid a fortune. We have to buy from a specific shop as his uniform should have the school logo.

He goes 5 days a week for 5 hrs, I wash his clothes separately, I don't see how he can wear a top he wore the previous day. The polo shirts are white, he needs a clean one everyday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->