Have you bought anything?

MoominJ

Reaction score
I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and we went to look round baby's r us and mothercare yesterday.... Just for a look!!!

Well I came away with a Tommy tippee starter kit and I've ordered a buggy!! OOPS!

they were both reduced so much we couldn't resist. They've gone to my mum's as I'm not ready to have them in the house yet , do u think it's too early to start buying things??

Anyone else bought anything??

I think we got about £200 off the buggy in the sale!

I'm 13 weeks tomorrow and we went to look round baby's r us and mothercare yesterday.... Just for a look!!!

Well I came away with a Tommy tippee starter kit and I've ordered a buggy!! OOPS!

they were both reduced so much we couldn't resist. They've gone to my mum's as I'm not ready to have them in the house yet , do u think it's too early to start buying things??

Anyone else bought anything??

I think we got about £200 off the buggy in the sale!

I won't lie, i have bought a few things too! Including a pram n car seat for 299!!

Couldnt help myself, bloody sales! Lol did this with my daughter, infact found myself stocking up before conception last time! So kinda been rather restrained this time i think :D lol

Xxx

Nothing yet but only because we're still very early!!!

The temptation is there though!! Haha xx

I have the majority if things from my DD so I won't be buying for a while but first time round I started buying after my 12 week scan. I would buy 1 big item a month worth £50-£100 as it was the only way I could afford everything I would need. This time I don't have much to buy at all! So I'll probably start around 20+ weeks when we know the gender

:flow:

i havent bought anything yet,
because i dont need much cos i have most of the stuff from my last child

but ive decieded on my buggy, as it was important to me to find the right one

Yep, so far we have

Pram
Crib
Perfect Prep
Travel Cot

I've saved a fortune as got them all at super low prices :)

I haven't bought anything yet or told OH family lol! I think I may need to get some bits n bobs in the sales soon though as we don't have a lot of money after Christmas... :)

I'm 11w2d and started buying around 6 weeks. I've bought a few onesis, two months worth of baby food, a vibrating bouncer (two, actually...one for a friend who is due a week before me), feeding spoons, a diaper bag and the stroller and car seat. It was the one I had my heart set on, and it was the last one so I bought it, and then my van broke down two days later but I didn't have the heart to return it.

And then, of course, don't I go into Babies R Us and find an even CUTER stroller and car seat on clearance for even LESS than what I paid for the monkey one. But I already put it together so I can't return it.

First is the one I got, the second is the one I ended up falling in love with after I got the first one.

Attachments

• mTS23831.jpg
    mTS23831.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 5
  • mTS25848.jpg
    mTS25848.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 7
I ordered a pram in the sale. Won't get anything else until I know gender now I don't think xx

I started buying at 20-22 weeks last time. I was going to wait til 24 weeks but got tempted by the travel system I wanted.

This time I'm going to wait til 30 ish weeks. Last time I bought a fair few unnecessary bits and mountains of clothes. I'm not getting a double pushchair, I'm going to babywear and have my son in the pushchair. I have a crib from last time and everything really. Hoping to only spend around £200 this time around.

I got rid of almost everything from my last child. Only kept the bassinet and crib, pretty much. I still have the stroller and car seat but the laws changed and I can't use the car seat anymore, so I just decided to get a whole new travel system, since I'm not fond of mismatched car seat and stroller combo's, lol.

With having a loss i have only bought 2 brand new picture frames i saw at a yard sale dexided i will start shopping after gender scan at 16 weeks i am def starting to get excited though and have looked at a few things online :)

I have got a pack of little white bodysuits with grey stars on them, a supersoft swaddle blanket with a little monkey on it, a t shirt from Next with the Stone Roses on it (our wedding song was by them so I couldn't resist!), & have just ordered a pushchair - wasn't going to but already knew I wanted Mamas & Papas Sola & saw it in the sale reduced from £329 to £199 so had to! Picking it up on Friday can't wait :) trying not to buy things yet but when I see these sale bargains it would be stupid not to eespecially when it's the big things! Got a big trunk in my spare bedroom (which will be the nursery) so putting things in there as I get them, planning on buying wipes & nappies in with our weekly shop over the coming months too then we shouldn't notice the cost so much.
xo.

I haven't started buying yet, but this is number 2 so I have pretty much everything I need :)

Well I hadn't, until I read this thread :haha:

I just went on Next and bought a little sleepsuit saying something cliched along the lines of 'A new star born in 2014'. I also may have bought a few girly items too. I don't know what possessed me!!! I am 99% sure this is another little boy, but for some mad reason I put a girly sleepsuit, some vests and a gorgeous little outfit in as well. Silly silly silly! My reasoning is that if we never have a girl and I keep them in packets I can always give them as gifts..... but still! I am officially mad!

We too have all the big things already from our little boy. We will be getting a new tandem system - the new iCandy Peach Blossom 3 when it comes out in the spring and I'll be getting a new car seat. I didn't like our last one and want to get a maxi cosi this time. I'll also be getting a moses basket (didn't have one last time) and a baby swing (again, didn't have one). We'll also have to get a new Tripp Trapp high chair as our son will still be using his - they're great and grow with your child!! Other than that it's just clothes - our son rather ruined most of his tiny sleepsuits and vests with multiple blow outs, so we'll need more of those regardless of whether it's a boy or a girl. If it's a boy we won't need much more than those first few items, as my son grew so quickly, most of his proper clothes are in great condition. If it's a girl however.... I dread to think how much I will spend on clothes! I'm not even a clothes sort of person, but seeing baby girl clothes makes me weak at the knees; as evidenced by the fact that I've already bought some even though I'm probably having a boy!!! Yikes!

x

Oh how badly I want to buy things. I haven't bought anything yet because it's still early, but I don't know how much more I can take of not buying anything. Maybe once I get into the second trimester I'll buy one or two things.

I bought 2 wubanubs. :). My mom bought a pack of pampers, and lamb lovie, and a pack of bodysuits.

I can't wait to start shopping for real! I need everything!

Oh yeah! I have diapers too. 96 newborn Pampers and 234 size 1 Pampers

I have most stuff left over from my son, but several months before I conceived this one I bought some cute newborn cloth diapers to add to my collection.

We haven't yet, but I am definately thinking about what we need.

But it all depends on the gender of the baby, if a girl we will move the rooms around upstairs and redecorate, if a boy then we will need a whole new wardrobe.

I'm also thinking about getting a double buggy and a chest of draws, but other than that we'er all set :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->