Have you cut any foods out?

Leafy

Reaction score
I know when i was pregnant last time I was given a big list of foods i wasn't allowed to eat...this time round i'm still v early though so havent booked in with the doctor yet, but today when i went to get a cup of coffee i stopped myself....even though I know 1 cup probably wouldnt hurt! So have you stopped eating/drinking anything? I think i'm paranoid because i'm so early :nope:

I'm just 4-5 weeks pregnant and am thinking about cutting out caffeine. I love my coffee but I had a miscarriage recently so I nervous about losing this one as well. I did eat a deli sandwhich today - which if I recall I wasn't supposed to do. Opps!

TT

Soft blue cheese and alcohol are the only things I've turned down and I'm mostly going decaf with tea.I keep reading mixed things about prawns so I'm giving them a wide birth.

I've cut out caffeine, which hasn't bothered me too much. I've switched to caffeine free tea, coffee, and diet coke, although I know that it wouldn't hurt to have caffeine in moderation. With regards to food; I've cut out quite a few things that I love i.e. Cambembert, Brie, runny eggs, cured meats etc. I definitely missed digging into the cheese board over Christmas x

Just deli meat for sandwiches really...which is horrible because I love sandwiches! I cut out caffeine about a year ago (have had a few slips and was back on iced coffee for a month or so after my MMC, but then cut it our again. I'll occasionally have an orange soda which has a bit of caffeine in it) and alcohol before started TTC. I don't eat much seafood except tuna salad occasionally and had a bunch of shrimp on Christmas Eve. But I saw my doctor beforehand and asked her and she said that was fine.

I'm pretty picky and didn't eat anything really that the doctor said not to.

I'm being a bit more relaxed this time. I've cut down my caffeine intake, stopped eatin blue cheeses and uncooked prawns. That's about as far as it goes! I don't tend to eat deli meat or anything like that anyway.
Basically I've figured just to not eat anything that could remotely give me food poisoning x

I can't give up my coffee in the morning and I've read that one cup isn't going to make a difference. Obviously I've given up alcohol and working on giving up smoking as well, give it three days and that habit will be kicked for my poppyseed

I don't drink caffeine so that was an easy one for me! I am also allergic to eggs, so also easy for me to avoid undercooked eggs etc.

I've been eating deli meat but I've been heating it up before putting it on my sandwich. I wash all my fruit & veggies.

Never ate much cheese anyway, although like pp said, I missed it at Christmas (the one time I'll normally eat it!)

I also love my steak medium, so I'm hating that I have to cook it so much now!

Gave up alcohol. Significantly lowered my caffeine intake to 1/3 cup of coffee every day to keep things moving along lol

Still eating eggs, lunch meat, etc.

No more raw fish so no more sushi. That's about it. I'm not going to be as fussed this time around.

Obviously no alcohol. last drop was Nov 11 I didn't know I was preggers until the 23. Caffeine down to 1-2 wk sometimes less. Bologna sandwiches once in a blue moon. I think that's about it. I don't eat much of the cheeses that's aren't the standard. (sliced cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan). No odd aversions to food yet either. I've been fortunate so far (knocks on wood)

hate that i have to cook my steaks all the way. LOVE med-rare!!! And eggs miss having them over easy

The foods that I cut out for my first pregnancy, I don't even consume anymore, except a medium rare steak! That's all I'm cutting out for this pregnancy. The others like caffeine, alcohol, and lunch meat I gave them up awhile back, before I got pregnant. I'm nearly 6 weeks now.

Eh, I still eat over easy eggs. I like to put them on buttered toast... lol

I eat anything I want. Always have always will. I don't smoke so that's not an issue. I of course never drink alcohol while pregnant no Brainer. I don't eat meats rare anyway (I'm from the carribean we cook meats fully and to death) I can't afford brie cheeses and all those other fancy stuff so I'm ok there. Deli meat is once in a while but I get strong food aversions and a cold sandwich is just yuck to me now. But I sampled a piece of deli ham in costco yesterday then took a swig of my son's Pepsi. Everything ok so far. Let's see. I don't eat raw sushi only very occasionally the ones with cooked shrimp or avocado in them but it's not really something I love. Most of my pregnancies I ate crab lobster or shrimp maybe 3 times total and baby and me were fine. The one thing I would not give up is my morning tea but unfortunately this lil one has given me a huge aversion to hot drinks so that takes care of that. I don't put too much stress on myself. If u use common sense and eat well prepared food you will be fine.

The only thing I've given up is alcohol and honestly I still have a sip of DHs when he has a particularly delicious beer. We are kind of beer connoisseurs :haha: terrible hobby for a pregnant lady.

I still eat meats medium rare, still eat lunch meats, sushi, and I had a massive craving for brie the other day. The doc, while not overjoyed, said my actual odds for getting sick were pretty low as long as I was getting the food from reputable sources (like not from the back of some guys van) and handling it properly (not letting my steak sit around at room temp for hours).

I used to be very addicted to soda, Pepsi in particular. Like 1 or 2 liters a day. I have been fighting to give it up for years now. I've finally found a nice berry infused black tea (I add raw stevia to get my sweet fix) that I'm loving. It has enough caffiene to keep the unbearable headache away but is much healthier for me. So far I'm a week with no dark soda! That's more for a healthy mamma/less sugar goal than baby specific though.

I've NEVER been given this so called list of foods by any doctor. First time I've heard about some of these black listed foods was on this site. Other than the obvious no no but I think common sense should take over.

I have cut down a bit on caffeine and try to stick to the recommended limit. But when I go without I get migraines and the longest I've had to willpower to wait out the migraine is five days without it ceasing, so I can't see even being able to give it up any time soon! I don't really have anything else I'm not allowed but I'm not going to go crazy about a tiny bit of brie or something. I had pate once on holiday and had a tiny shot of hot apple cider. Not as fussed this time around.

I know you are not supposed to have things like soft cheeses, deli meats (unless cooked) undercooked eggs, swordfish, sushi, or too much fish in one week.

Aside from those, I've also cut out soda (a very hard decision for me, I love my Mtn Dew :( ) I've also cut out candies and excess sugary foods or things like potato chips, basically empty calories. In my second pregnancy I took things way to lightly, I exercised very little and ate whatever I wanted, and while my son was born healthy and at a good weight, I gained 40lbs, 15 of it never left me, so now I am working hard to make sure I eat well and work out regularly to avoid excess weight gain again

I've given up raw sushi and soft cheeses, but don't feel it necessary to give up my one cup of coffee a day. I don't usually eat deli meats but for some reason I've started craving them now...?
I think if I were to eat a steak though, I would likely still have it done medium or medium rare, and I'll still eat over easy eggs occassionally.

I've been careful of the really obvious stuff- no alcohol (although nowadays they really say a glass of wine here and there is ok, but I still avoid even that), less caffeine, trying to drink more water... but this time around I really don't feel too much like avoiding everything I did the first time. I've still been eating my eggs with a slightly runny yolk, not worried about deli meats so much, not trying to cook my steak well done, etc.

I do cook these things a little extra sometimes, but I don't worry about it if I want them less done. I am staying away from unpasteurized juice and sushi- but I really don't have those much anyhow. It's just so interesting how different I am this time with it. Maybe I'll get stricter with some things again, but we'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->