Have you got a "back up" name?

polo_princess

♥ Brookes Mummy ♥
Reaction score
Just incase your LO comes out and definatley does not look like the name you've chosen?

I hadnt given it much thought until now but i guess its a good idea because with all the good will in the world you know its bound to happen to some people :)

I really dont have one. And my OH has started to question the name choice. Im sticking by it tho. Hopefully it will suit her or shes going to be unnamed! Ive got loads of boys names tho if she is actually a he. haha

We did for Kieran (Jake)

But for Paige no because it took us long enough to decide that because OH didn't like any of my names and that was the only one i sorta liked from his list...Its grown on me tho thank god!! lol x

we can't ev en think of a middle name! i think we are giving her her middle name when she comes out, we'll see what name would fit her! And if it comes down to it, we can make her first name the middle name and pick a different name. I initially wanted her Japanese name to be her middle name anyway, but DH liked it enough to be a first name so that's where we stand.

Layla was going to be Summer .
I had gone through tonnes of names , And at 37 weeks decided she was deffinatley Summer .
She was born and noooooo way looked like a Summer , She just looked like a layla , Allthow we didnt have a back up plan luckily my Aunty who was visiting us in the delivery room suggested Layla and it stuck she looked perfectly like a layla :) .

So your theroy is a good idea hun , Allways have a back up plan . xxxx .

A back up name??!!??!! We don't even have a first-choice name!!!!! :rofl:

Well i like a few names but still havent picked my fave yet!!!

We've got a few back-up names but have stuck with 'the one' for months and months so hoping he does look like the chosen name!

back up name, I wish, DH Pounded into carlees head the babies names. So when we ask wheres Leah? Carlee points the belly and when we ask wheres chance She kissses the belly.

Think she has a favorite alredy? :rofl:

We had one for Seth, he was called Oliver for a couple of hours after he was born, and then George for another hour or so and then we settled on Seth. We had decided on Seth before he was born, but he didnt look like that when he was born and then his face seemed to change shape through the day.

Probably a good idea to have a back up if you can think of one! lol

xxx

We never had one...we wanted to call our son Brendan but when he came out he just didn't look like one so bless him he was nameless for days...my OH wrote a list of names out and we went through them and then decided xx

I am stuck on the girls name, she will become the name! how horrible! and a boy we have chosen, I do have another I like however.

Nope- he's stuck with it- unless for some reason the ultrasound tech make a huge mistake. Good thread PP!

No we are sticking to Oliver and too bad if he doesnt look like an Oliver...it took us soo long to find a name we both like:dohh:
Although if we find out its a girl....well then it will be Ruby!! But I dont think the sonographer got it wrong! :lol:

I am hoping to have a few faves to select from whrn the lo is born

We like 2 names but cant decide which one so we will wait till she is born!

Yep, we have 3 girls names and two boys names picked out (we're not finding out the gender of the baby). Then when the little one is born we can see which name fits them.

Yup; we have at LEAST 2 names for each - I've heard that quite a bit actually, that LO comes out looking NOTHING like "a Lee" for example, so I'm insisting on a couple of choices. One of our friends laughed at me out loud, but I don't care! :D
Cool thread! :)

i didnt 100% decide on the name Annabelle, thats they name we wanted but i wouldnt say thats they name until she w as here

Lou
xxx

We've only just found a girls name that we both like so we're screwed if it is a girl and doesn't "look" like that name... I think if you say it enough, the name comes to suit the baby... i hope :rofl:
Same with boys, we found a name early on that we both like but so far, only one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->