Have you lost your baby weight?

Jennifurball

Mother of 1 and a bump!
Reaction score
I am bigger now than I was before I fell pregnant, my stomach is so saggy and sometimes I look pregnant again, my legs are massive too. I am just finding it hard to get the motivation AND time to get on my exercise machine. By the time Scarlett is settled and I have someone to watch her, it is early evening and I am far too tired. I enjoy walking with the pram but we are both under the weather and don't want to make it worse by going out in the cold.

If I was still with her dad, I probably wouldn't make such a huge deal of my weight, but being single, I obviously have to think about being attractive to others. My confidence is zero at the moment.

Have you lost your baby weight and how did you do it? If you haven't, does it bother you?

Without wanting to sound like I'm bragging (im really not!), I only gained 10lb during pregnancy so actually lost weight. I was lighter than prepregnancy immediately after I had her and have lost another 2 stone since then.
The first week it just fell off me and since then has continued to do so. I'm now classed as underweight with an anorexic BMI :(
I eat constantly but it doesn't seem to be helping.

Edit - yes it bothers me. I have no bum whatsoever now and can't get clothes to fit. Even age 12 are too big!
And I'm sure my OH isn't as attracted to me as he once was.

I think as long as you're eating we'll and keeping active, it'll happen. It takes 9 months to gain it so 9 months to lose it.
If you want to lose weight, do it for yourself not a man! You're beautiful as you are :)

I am not as active as I would like to be as a lot of the time Scarlett will only sleep on me so I am stuck to the sofa!

I am going to try and make a conscious effort. My BMI is now classed as overweight :(

I really don't know what to suggest if you can't put it on, I have sadly never had that problem!

Don't panic with ds1 it took me 1 year and 2 months to even think about getting in shape and at that time I had 4 stone to loose so I joined slimming world and was amazed! Nearly 3 years ago I gave up smoking and 1 stone snuck back on which I never bothered with, then following lo's birth there was another extra 1 stone (2 in total) I joing slimming world again and with the amazing plan and the fantastic support I only have 2lb to go to my smoking weight and LO is only 6 months and 2 weeks old!

Don't feel bad if you're struggling I'm a firm believer that you have to be in the right frame of mind to loose weight and when that time comes you will do it no problems :hugs:

No, I've put weight on because breastfeeding makes me so hungry :( I want to lose about 2 stone

Have you tried a sling? She could sleep and you could walk/be active. My LO will only sleep on me so I know how you feel!

But I agree with a pp. it'll only happen when you're in the right frame of mind - don't put pressure on yourself.

I'm almost there. I gained LOADS! I mean like 50 or 60 lbs, at the end I was scared to go on the scale. I think I've got 6lbs or so to go. I've been eating small healthy meals and walking, running, doing some weights, babywearing.

I've read awesome things about slimming world, I'd give that a go if you're serious about losing the weight. Good luck hun :)

I'm almost there. I gained LOADS! I mean like 50 or 60 lbs, at the end I was scared to go on the scale. I think I've got 6lbs or so to go. I've been eating small healthy meals and walking, running, doing some weights, babywearing.

I've read awesome things about slimming world, I'd give that a go if you're serious about losing the weight. Good luck hun :)

Wow you've done great to lose almost all of it so soon! :)

Yes. I lost it all by 2 weeks postpartum. Didnt do snything special. Just caring for babe and breastfeeding. However I am not looking like I used to and need to tone up but I'm not bothering right now. Lo is 11 weeks old. Dh seems to like me squishy and podgy but I don't. I hope to lose 15 more pounds eventually. I've hit a plateau at the Pre pregnancy weight. But I'm not worried so far.

No, I've put weight on because breastfeeding makes me so hungry :( I want to lose about 2 stone

I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the motivation at the moment. Need to do it though as we are TTC no 2

I only gained 10 lbs in pregnancy and Lost 16 pounds when I weighed myself 2 days later I'm about 125 pounds now 5"6...

oh im the exact same :/ after having my first i was in my pr- pregnancy jeans days after!, then after my second son i gained quite abit of weight began to lose it and fell pregnant again lol so after this babies born im really getting down to it, going to have a strict diet and excersise as often as possible which will be difficult as i will have 3 kids, but im not goin to give up!

I'm waiting until after Christmas now then it's off to slimming world and the gym for me :D I haven't even looked at any scales since my booking in appointment at 9 weeks :D It's a shame as I love exercise and eating right but between lo and uni I just don't have the time. It should hopefully get easier as she learns to amuse herself for short periods of time.

My lo is almost a month old and I can't wait to get back to the gym.

I've lost water retention but still got lots baby weight I gained 3 stone!!!!

I've just got appetite back so not at the point of watching my diet! If that makes sense!

X

I'm in the same boat. I just don't have the motivation at the moment. Need to do it though as we are TTC no 2

So hard isn't it. I lost 2 stone before TTC no1, I thought breastfeeding would help me lose pregnancy weight but it's made it worse!

Yep, all 43 pounds were gone by the time she was 5 months old. I didn't eat the extra 500 cals a day during breastfeeding, and also rode my spin bike 20-30 minutes at least five times a week (after 6 weeks pp).

I'd like to think so! I now weigh what I did pre pregnancy but I still have the soft jiggly belly although it is much better and the stretch marks have slightly faded x

I got to 12 stone 8lbs at the end of pregnancy. I am now 9 stone 5lbs - I have a stone to lose. My stomach is also saggy, with massive arms and legs :(.

I just don't get the time to exercise.

Xx

I gained over 60 pounds during my pregnancy... after 1 month post partum 40lb of it was gone... but I'm stupid and put most of it back on... I was 119lbs and 5'7" before I got pregnant (underweight). Now I'm about 160lb and it kills me :(. My fiancee left me Friday night though so I expect to lose the rest of the weight really soon......

I'm lighter now than when I fell pregnant. Although I won't be for long if I carry on eating as I am atm! Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->