Have you purchased anything yet?

DollPosse

Reaction score
How many have you have already purchased items? How many of you have even purchased big items?

We haven't. We will after the 12 week scan if everything is okay though. Mostly the big things to spread the cost.

I have everything from my first child but I do want some new cute clothes. I thought of buying an outfit after my 10 week scan sl I knew everything was fine but then got stuck in traffic! Now im waiting till my 16 week midwife appointment as that is when I will hear babys hb next and know things are still fine. As u can see I worry a lot!

I have to get some big items at some point later on. With twins I will need double of some stuff. At 12 weeks I grabbed some preemie onesies that were on sale. I'll hold off on big items until closer to 20 weeks.

We have a bassinet (parents purchased), and some smaller items like wubanubs, 200+ pampers, and 774 wipes, lol. We need everything!!

My fav gender neutral sheets went on clearance last year so I had to get them. I also found a double electric hospital grade breast pump gently used for next to nothing ($30). We got a leather rocking chair for baby's bedroom years ago (been ttc for a while now). Everything else can wait till after 25 weeks.
image.jpg

Having had a scan at 7 weeks and hearing the heartbeat on the doppler every other day, I've started buying little things. I don't know what prompted me, but I was looking at newborn clothes on Next.com the other day and I bought a few items - some boy outfits and some girl ones - not anything fancy, just some sleepsuits and vests. I figured whichever gender we don't end up needing I can give the clothes away to others who have little ones down the line (we hope to have three kids, so I'll hold onto them till we're done). They arrived yesterday and I had a beautful moment where I picked up the tiny sleepsuits and just remember how tiny newborns are. Even though my son was big at 9lbs and very long, and he only fit into newborn size for a week because he hadn't uncurled his legs yet (when he stretched out properly, he stopped fitting them instantly!); he was still tiny compared to how big he is now. I can't wait to have a new little lump of loveliness to cuddle all the time. I really loved those snuggly newborn days, where he'd breastfeed, fall asleep and I'd cuddle him for hours while he slept. Obviously with having a toddler, it won't be the same, but they're still so lovely as newborns!

x

I haven't bought anything yet! I think I may have to start once I've had my 20 week scan as I would ideally want to buy gender appropriate stuff. I almost bought a steriliser the other week but I ended up not getting it..

I have a moses basket & a pushchair - Mama's & Papa's Sola, only because it had £130 off it in the sale a few weeks ago! I also have a couple of sheets for the moses basket and a few neutral sleepsuits. I can't help myself, it must be because it's my first!
xo.

I didn't until after my 16 week gender scan last time so I could colour co ordinate.

Think I'll do the same this time wait till 16/20 weeks.

Only thing I've bought is a second hand fold away changing unit, only because someone I know was selling it and my oh and I are likely to both be recovering from surgery when baby arrives, am 10 weeks today! X

I got things starting after my 8 week scan last time.
I've already got myself a few maternity bits and I bought the pram in the summer as it was cheap.
I don't need much this time as I kept most things. I'm going to ask for a jumperoo from my parents for baby first Christmas or if the ask if we want anything when it's born and a sheep skin foot muff from in laws.
I am going to splash out on cloth maternity pads probably with birthday money, and a few items I wanted last time that I can have as I don't need to buy much this time at all.
Even the season is the same and if I get a different sex I'll just buy pink socks, lol xx

We don't need a lot really as this is baby #3 for us. I will need some boy clothes if we have a little boy as I sold all of DS clothes when we found out we were having a girl! I just need little bits that I sold after DD got older like a play mat and we will buy DD a toddler bed so the new baby can have her cot xx

Also a double pram because DD will only be 19 months and it won't be fair on her to walk to school and back everyday plus it takes about 15mins but with a toddler walking it will probably take about an hour!xx

Ds was only born 4.5 months ago so we will use all of his things, and just get some new vests, babygrows, and mittens ;-) oh yeah I've gotta look out for a good tandem buggy lol a ds will be 12 months when the baby arrives xxxx

I'm waiting until after my 12week scan although I'm dying to buy something!

X

I have bought a cot and mattress already as that is all the expensive things (parents will be buying my pram)
so that's all the big things other than the swing, even though the little things add up.
but even though Il be 12 weeks Thursday OH won't even let me look at baby stuff

We have everything from our first baby, but depending on this baby's gender (we will be staying on team yellow so won't find out until baby is born), we may buy a few items after baby is born.

I think the only thing I want to buy are some resuable breast pads and better nursing bras (the ones I had first time were awful). I will wait until much much later.

For my first, I bought a big set that was on a fantastic offer at 15 weeks, then felt so guilty and superstitious that I bought nothing else until over 30 weeks!

Had our 12 week scan and still won't get DH to go up the attic to get my maternity clothes out or see what we need to get for this baby I'm scared I will jinx it! But I am going to send him up for my body pillow xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->