Having a c-section and proud of it!

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Give a hands up if you are having one and you if you are proud of it! :) Lately I read too many negative comments about it and got too many remarks about it by friends. It will be my second one and I made it to single digits. 8 days left until EDD.

So lets have a proud mommy shout out!

P.S no need to defend yourselve and give reasons why you are having one.

Lol... I'll join you here.
I've had five vaginal deliveries and was initially shocked and rather devastated to find out I'll most likely have a caesarian this time.
However, now I'm kind of relieved that I won't have to have a labour that ends up terrifying due to baby's heart rate decelarating constantly.
I feel no shame in having a caesarian!

ME! :thumbup: Just waiting on my date to be scheduled at next appointment, have no shame at all in having one, its a personal choice between the two and I dont have any problem at all in saying my preferred option is C-Section. :winkwink:

xx

Me!
I can never have a vaginal birth due to a uterine birth defect.
I had a great c section experience. Healed well and was back to myself in no time!
Stop the section shaming I say!!

I'll join you too girls! And a great thread, thanks for starting it :D

My elective c section is in 16 days following previous c section for transverse lie stillbirth.

I can honestly tell anyone who wants to know, the experience of holding a perfectly beautiful dead baby renders the route by which they were hauled out entirely irrelevant!

I am excited for mine this time and ultimately just care about the outcome. Good luck everyone with yours!! Nearly there!

I'll join you too girls! And a great thread, thanks for starting it :D

My elective c section is in 16 days following previous c section for transverse lie stillbirth.

I can honestly tell anyone who wants to know, the experience of holding a perfectly beautiful dead baby renders the route by which they were hauled out entirely irrelevant!

I am excited for mine this time and ultimately just care about the outcome. Good luck everyone with yours!! Nearly there!

I am so sorry for your loss.
I hope your 2nd section is a joyful experience.
Xx

I am having one in 10 days time and all im thinking about is how excited I am to meet my baby at last, to have a healthy baby in my arms and be grateful to be blessed again, sil keeps making digs at me that she has spontaneous labours it happens fast for her that one doctor told me I could have my baby naturally bh don't I go for it, ah every other doctor including the head consultant have recommended a csection even my gp to avoid a long drawn out traumatic labour almost resulting in the loss of my ds and a emergency csection. I know which one id chose and its not the best for me recovery wise but it the better option to get my son out safely an born healthy fingers crossed

Good luck with the surgeries, ladies. I hope you all heal quickly and are feeling back to normal in no time!

Of all the things that people are judgemental about (and there are a million when you are pregnant or have a baby) I understand this one the least. It's such a personal decision.

I had a vaginal birth ..... it's highly overrated.

Good luck ladies. Birth in my opinion is just a means to an end and c-sections are by no means second best it's just another way.

ME! :happydance:

I go in tomorrow morning for my ECS at 8am! I'm praying for a smooth procedure and a healthy baby girl.

Thank goodness for modern medicine that saves lives in the case of emergency [like my previous labour experience with DD].

All the best to you ladies! :hugs:

Tishy that's so exciting!! We will be thinking of you tomorrow- please let us know how you get on xxx

I'm having a scheduled csec at 37 weeks and I'm TOTALLY HAPPY WITH IT. (I also get my tubal at the same time. Score!) My mom made a nasty comment to me about "how do I feel knowing I'll never really give birth" to which I reply "grateful to be alive in a time when childbirth won't kill me!"

Ugh, some people!

I see nothing wrong with them.... I had one with my daughter. My doctor wants me to try vaginal this time but if it doesn't work out and I end up with CS I am not ashamed.

*raises hand*

Will be having my 2nd c-sec in a month and I couldn't be happier with the decision :D

congrats to all of you :) Hope your sections go well! I had my first vaginally but just had my second via scheduled c section because he was breech. It was a great experience and so far every aspect including recovery has been easier on me than my first birth.

I will gladly choose any future babies to be born via c section.

If I'm gonna be honest, I think the part I love best is knowing I have a definite end date in mind. I went into labor naturally with my son at 39+6, which I was happy about not being overdue, but MAN that "is it time yet?" feeling kind of sucks! Knowing you could still have weeks left as your friends are all babying around you?

Yeah, I like being able to PLAN and know. Granted, my csec is no longer a choice (prior inverted T scar) but even if it were, I'd still choose csec. I do not do well with "here's your birth month!"

Looks like I am officially on the C-secition wagon with you guys. Me and my doctor decided to got that route this time. We set the date next week!

I'm happy this thread exists :) Just scheduled my c section for Friday. I'm a little bummed I admit, it wasn't in my "plans", but we're doing it is bc he's measuring pretty big (today at 39+1 he's measuring 11 lbs 5 oz) so dr thinks it's safer to not risk emergency c-section in the end. So I am very excited to have an end date in mind and it's reassuring to know it'll almost definitely be a really smooth birth.

Me! :hi:

I've had two looong labours which both ended up with emergency sections.

I'm looking forward to my planned section this time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->