Having a c-section and proud of it!

Hey ladies, I'm jumping in here!

I had a c-section with my son after a failed induction. I was happy to have it. It went so smoothly. As soon as is was over (about 45 minutes in total) I was being wheeled up to recovery with my baby on my chest. It was a bit sore for the first few days, but I walked around a lot, and within 2 weeks I had no pain at all. The scar healed fantastically. I would do it all again in a heartbeat, I honestly don't think I would try VBAC, and just opt for a planned c-section if we're lucky enough to have another LO.

Just wanted to update you all... My little boy surprised us all and arrived before his scheduled c section date when I went into labor last Sunday. It was entirely manageable pain and they just confirmed I was in labor and I went straight to the OR and baby was out and with us in minutes! He was passed over to me and DH within minutes, and we were sitting up breast feeding in recovery minutes later. I could NOT believe how fast everything was done!
Recovery has been great really. I think we all forget we are sore if you have a vaginal or a section delivery but that said all I have used is tylenol and naproxen and it's been very manageable. Milk came in between day 2-3 and we have no feeding issues, and bleeding is minimal. All in all a great experience so I just wanted to pass that along in a case anyone needs reassurance! If anyone has specific questions just let me know- happy to try and help! :D

Congratulations, DrMum!! :-D

Hey ladies, I was planning on a VBAC but have changed my mind at the last minute! My section with my little boy was so calm & easy that this is what I want again. I'm calling my consultant today to try & get an appointment to discuss it this week x

Love this thread! Im a csection mumma this will be my 4th and im slightly nervous about it as my consultant has explained it could be complicated due to such heavy previous scar tissue and im also having my tubes tied during the section.
Only 18 days to go :)
Congrats to all the ladies who just had there sections xx

I've got my appointment on wednesday to find out what date Im scheduled in for, looking forward to finding out the actual date rather than just waiting. :happydance:

C-section booked for the 11th March, yipppppeee! Am so excited to meet my little man & to not be pregnant anymore :) Am soooooo tired but am going to try & enjoy the last week x

Love this thread! Im a csection mumma this will be my 4th and im slightly nervous about it as my consultant has explained it could be complicated due to such heavy previous scar tissue and im also having my tubes tied during the section.
Only 18 days to go :)
Congrats to all the ladies who just had there sections xx

It was only my 3rd section, but had my tubes tied as well. I've really noticed no difference in healing. No extra pain, nothing. :)

Hi all, had my section on Friday, it was bumped up because the cord wrapped around her neck. They had to use a vacuum to help get her out because of the cord but she did beautifully. We were released this morning! The worst part has been the afterpains, didn't have them with my first, but definitely noticeable now!

Good luck mommas!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->