Having a c-section and proud of it!

Grateful for this thread. I'm a ftm with low lying placenta that doesn't look like it'll budge in time so doctor will do scheduled c at 38 or 39 weeks (it's not previa, just not 2cm from cervix.) Initially I was very disappointed about not having a vaginal birth but the more I read, the more excited I am about all scary labor the unknowns c section takes away! I've read so many positive accounts of scheduled c sections, and none that are negative so far (though I know they exist.) Anyway, I agree with you girls that say it's a means to an end and I can't wait to meet a healthy baby!

I am still in fights with my doctor over this but fully prepared for my second section!!

Those who already had a toddler when you had a section how was it recovery wise with them??

I'm going to have one as well. I had a 4th degree tear with my dd and the doctor and I decided it was best to go with a cs this time around to prevent further damage. I will have it around 37 weeks due to cholestasis, so only about 9 weeks left..

never had a vaginal or csection befre and dont know if im proud really but i will be having a csection at 37 weeks hopefully baby is born alive and healthy. im only 24 weeks now so a little scared. if you guys have had csections before, plz do tell your stories. my ob wont talk to me about it too much now because I am too early.

To update you ladies :)

My c-section this time was so much better than my first. The doctor was amazing and I felt special. I got up the next morning without pain and stopped using pain meds over the weekend already. Took my plaster off and my incision sar doesn't look bad at all. Breastfeeding and had skin-to-skin almost immediately. I keep on playing the moment of baby girl's first cry over and over in my mind. I was a bit nauseous and itchy from the morphene, but they gave me something to help relieve it and I was on cloud 9 anyway. Lol

I am allowed to drive from next week on, but will wait a bit due to the lack of sleep with my little night owl.

Congratulation on the birth of your little girl.

My c-section this time was so much better than my first. The doctor was amazing and I felt special. I got up the next morning without pain and stopped using pain meds over the weekend already. Took my plaster off and my incision sar doesn't look bad at all. Breastfeeding and had skin-to-skin almost immediately. I keep on playing the moment of baby girl's first cry over and over in my mind. I was a bit nauseous and itchy from the morphene, but they gave me something to help relieve it and I was on cloud 9 anyway. Lol

I am allowed to drive from next week on, but will wait a bit due to the lack of sleep with my little night owl.

How come your able to drive from next week, I thought it was around 5 - 6 weeks before being signed fit to drive? At least that's what my doc told me first time round. I think it something to do with the lapbelt, if need to break suddenly you can really hurt yourself as body is still healing inside.....

I am still in fights with my doctor over this but fully prepared for my second section!!

Those who already had a toddler when you had a section how was it recovery wise with them??

My ds1 was 16 months when his brother was born via c section. The recovery wasn't bad. I most definitely needed help with him the first two weeks, but now 5 weeks out I'm doing totally fine lifting him and everything. (He's 27lbs).

My ds1 was 16 months when his brother was born via c section. The recovery wasn't bad. I most definitely needed help with him the first two weeks, but now 5 weeks out I'm doing totally fine lifting him and everything. (He's 27lbs).

Thank you! That's about the aame as my 2 year old and the husband is off for 2 weeks!

How come your able to drive from next week, I thought it was around 5 - 6 weeks before being signed fit to drive? At least that's what my doc told me first time round. I think it something to do with the lapbelt, if need to break suddenly you can really hurt yourself as body is still healing inside.....

Because you can't avoid driving around for 5-6 weeks and have the same risk as a passenger. Don't know where you are, but here they have great pain management and techniques that improves healing. Some doctors still believe in waiting 6 weeks, but my doctor is confident that it doesn't really make a difference.

I was allowed to drive after 2 weeks as long as I wasn't still taking percocet (I didn't need it after a few days so was def done by 2 weeks).

Im in the uk, recovered really quickly the 1st time, just found it very frustrating as couldnt drive, Im usually out and about everyday. Apparently your car insurance doesn't cover you either until signed clear, not sure how insurance would know though. Tbh I cant see myself waiting 6 weeks again but guess just depends on my recovery this time round.

My recovery was a breeze, no pain meds at all and was walking around a couple of hours after surgery. DH would bring me the baby for night time feeds but I didn't need him after the first few days, I figured out how to use my arms and eased back into using my tummy muscles. That was an emergency section, I'm hoping this time recovery is similar and that I'll maybe even be a little less tired since it is planned and I won't have gone through more than 24 hours of labour first...

I don't recall being told I couldn't drive, and looking through my discharge papers there is nothing in there about it at all.

My recovery was a breeze, no pain meds at all and was walking around a couple of hours after surgery. DH would bring me the baby for night time feeds but I didn't need him after the first few days, I figured out how to use my arms and eased back into using my tummy muscles. That was an emergency section, I'm hoping this time recovery is similar and that I'll maybe even be a little less tired since it is planned and I won't have gone through more than 24 hours of labour first...

I don't recall being told I couldn't drive, and looking through my discharge papers there is nothing in there about it at all.
do you have stairs in your home? I will be movign next week and its 3 stories. yikes. i was thinking of putting a lot of things for baby in my room just in case. glad ur recovery went so well

Yeah I can remember asking the lady that comes round to go through everything on the day you leave, she said 5 - 6 weeks and you need to get the all clear at the doctor. I made an appointment at 5 weeks and the doc signed me off as fit to drive. Unless its since changed but that was only 2 years ago, going to mention to my midwife at next appointment and see what she say's about it.

Nilla we are in a two story with a basement. I had to go slow but it was doable and really had no choice since we don't have a bathroom on the main floor!

Little G, I'd venture a guess that the recommendations vary by location.

I will jump on the bandwagon. I am having a planned caesarean in 10 days time!

After ending up with an EMCS less then 2 years ago with my daughter I am looking forward to a much more relaxed and controlled situation.

We have stairs and I am managing well. In fact people stopped me yesterday to say they are amazed at how well I look and was shocked to hear that I had my c-section last week.

I had my csection on Wednesday all went great gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy hes such a good baby we are blessed. just wondering has anyone gotten a coldsore afterwards ive two on my nose and they are ugly and sore looking im terrified of passing it on to my new baby

Looking back if they'd of offered me a c section I'd of grabbed it with both hands. Well done you knowing what you want and taking it. Fist pump to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->