Having a migraine

Kmx

Reaction score
I'm currently having a severe migraine. My eyes are extremely blurry, my lips and numb and my fingers are tingling. I also have been sick twice and my head is so sore.

Should I see a doctor or just wait for it it pass. I have taken paracetamol even tho I really did t want to

If your migraine is that bad I would give your doctors office a call. Always good to get checked out. So sorry you are suffering:( I too suffer from migraines.

Sorry you're dealing with this :( I'm a chronic migraine sufferer, been on every med, tried every injection, every treatment, etcetc... I had over a week of GLORIOUS migraine-free time upon getting pregnant, but am just coming off of a three-day escapade myself. Trust me, I know migraines. And I'm sorry you're suffering... Have you been treated in the past or is this a new thing for you?

Here is what I've been told in terms of how to manage them while pregnant... I was VERY concerned before getting pregnant about how I would fare.

- Tylenol with codeine
- caffeine
- Diclectin will help with the nausea, or gravol

That's it. If you're really sick with it, go to the hospital and they will give you IV fluids and meds to help the vomiting.

My go-to is ice packs. Lay on the OPPOSITE side of the migraine. Tell yourself over and over that it is temporary. It will go away. It may take a couple/few days, but it will go away. It may only take part of a day. If migraines are new to you, I can imagine it would be scary. But honestly, it will go away. It's torture, but it will not kill you.

I know how horrendous this is to deal with. I'm sorry you're suffering :( <3

I've read about a drug-free to to help ease migraines. Not sure if it works, but I guess it's worth a shot!

Fill a bowl with hot water, and sit with your feet in the water, and put your head over your knees with an ice pack on the back of your neck. The hot water is meant to draw the blood away from your head to ease the pressure.

Thank you all for such excellent advice. I have experienced one migraine before about 3 years ago and remember it was so bad I called an ambulance as I had no idea what was happening. Now I recognise the signs but I still went to the doctor and she confirmed it was a migraine.

It isn't as severe as my previous one but still very bad. I managed to sleep for an hour and I am feeling a lot bette although still not 100%. My last migraine I got after having the hormonal contraceptive implant inserted and I was told I may be sensitive to the hormones. I guess that increase in hormones in pregnancy has caused this one.

Thanks again for the advice and sorry u all suffer too. It truly is unbelievable until you experience one.

Glad you went to the doctor, and glad to hear it's letting up some. What did the doctor recommend? I hope this is your last for a VERY long time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->