Having a small freak out?!

kittykat7210

Proud mum of 2
Reaction score
So I've been really happy this entire pregnancy, until 3 am last night when I woke up to go pee and suddenly thought that we have made a mistake, like can we really afford it, what if we don't raise it right, what if me and hubby break up because we have arguments because of parenting styles or lack of sleep? I'm just suddenly starting to freak out that we are not ready for this?!?? Is this normal? How can I combat this??

By realising everything will work out one way or another . Your mum , if your husband disagrees with your parenting you damn well put him on the naughty step too ! You will always afford it one way or another ! With my second we became homeless whilst out one day , we lived off £30 a week , we survived . We got somewhere to live and we lived off pasta bake for the first 3 months of her life but we done it . No situation is too hard when your baby needs it . I have 4 now and number 5 on the way and yeah money gets tight at times and m husband and I argue about the small things but we are still here strong united with everything we've ever needed x

Yes, it is normal. I have this mini freakout at a few points in all of my pregnancies... when things start to feel so "real" and I realize I'm really having a baby.. They're all valid points, so it's hard to talk yourself out of it, but you know what? It's all right! It's gonna be just fine. I promise. If it helps, couples without children are far more likely to get divorced than couples with a child.

It is completely normal to have these freak outs Hun, you wouldn't be human if you didn't lol, iv freaked out with every one of my babies, but everything will be just fine :)

youll have worries like this for the rest of your childs life... I had them throughout my pregnancy with our son..and after he was born id stress about all these things and I still do now that hes going on 5 years old... with this pregnancy ive had several meltdowns about the same things, despite the fact that we tried 2 years and lost 2 babies to get to this pregnancy.. its very normal. Head up and hang on xo

Totally normal I did the same with ds1 and have done with this one too! It all works out just fine. X

You're about to embark on the biggest life change you'll ever make. If you didn't have the odd freak out about things you wouldn't be human! I'm on number three and still freaking out! :haha: About how I'll cope, how on earth I'll get three kids and myself ready for the school run, bath etc, about the house/car/space, how to give my other two kids enough attention. It does however all slot into place in the end I promise. I'm less nervous with my third then my second in some ways actually, because I know that whatever happens, things get back to normal in the end. Or at least a new kind of normal. :flower:

Completely normal! I had this last week mostly "how am I going to cope with a newborn and a toddler as well as my just turned teenage stepchildren". We will be fine ❤️

It's absolutely normal. Change is scary. But as I was taught in college, you don't usually have control over your circumstances, just your responses. You chose this path (this time) but you can't predict whether you and your husband will break up over fights, or whether your child will be damaged or traumatized by some small thing you do. (I think this part might actually be inevitable, nobody can be a perfect parent because they are HUMAN) You can't control whether some horrific tragedy comes your way and takes everything you've built away from you. You can only modulate how you respond to each situation.

Realizing you don't have any real control over the universe beyond yourself, you can then simply do your best to meet the challenges thrown in your direction. Hopefully you don't end up depressed due to your lack of control over the situation. Sometimes it's better to analyze situations according to risk rather than control. That's what I do, at least.

Aww kit I posted the same thing! Twinsies! I think not only is it normal, it shows you care about your family. But like the others said things will work themselves out. They always do :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->